Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

can't get into controller mode

Reaction score
Bought Breeze from Fry's, didn't do proper research and found out still didn't work with Pixel phone(although in forum a year ago said they were working on it.) Luckily have a Droid Razr Max HD Android 4.4.2 and can fly Breeze with it, so ordered and just received Controller. Everything seems to connect(control shakes etc) but when I chose controller and slide to enter controller mode the screen goes black and after a few minutes get message "Breeze Cam isn't responding". Although Pixel won't make Internet connection with Drone to fly, I can get to all the proper screens connecting via Bluetooth with the controller, screen doesn't go black and gives me choice to select goggles or controller. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
I am not sure if Android 4.4.2 is within the specs of Yuneec. Anyway 4.4.2 IS rather antique. On the other hand if you can fly your breeze with it, then it should be ok.
If you search this forum (keywords: breeze, controller, firmware, update) you will find out soon that some time around Christmas there it was an issue when the controller killed the app. I'd try to investigate in that direction.

Thanks for reply, Yuneec says Android 4.4 up necessary. I just received new controller and says upto date. Can't find anything relating to this problem.

After trying a lot of different things to get Breeze and controller working properly I finally went back to my Pixel phone and tried Airplane mode on, got the same info connected, no internet same as with it off, but when I brought up Breeze App it beeped and said connected-and yes it was. So-

Go into phone settings turn Airplane mode on(this turns wifi and Bluetooth off)
Turn wifi on - Turn Bluetooth on
On controller hold down A button while depressing power on button, hold for 2 seconds
Connect controller to phone w/Bluetooth
Turn on Breeze
Connect to Breeze w/wifi -will say connected, no internet
Load Breeze App will beep and say connected to Breeze(whatever you named it)
Put phone in controller holder
Tasks-Controller-Slide-Experience now you will see on phone what drone camera looking at
Hold R2 down and all control descriptions will appear on your screen
Hold down start button 3 seconds-drone starts and hovers-you now are flying with controller

Was not able to fly other than hover height back and forth a few feet because of area I was in, will try all controls at a later date

Make sure after everything shut down you turn off Airplane mode on your phone so you can use as normal

Hope this helps others that may be having similar problems

Breeze Firmware 1.4.7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss