Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

can't see wifi hotspot yuneec breeze 4k

Reaction score
Hello guys,
i've got a breeze 4k from usa i wasnt able to see breeze hotspot.
after reading a lot on this forum i change the firmware to the famous "firmware.bin" every think was great for the first flight, after first flight the "Breeze cam" ask me to update firmware to breeze_V0.1.47_F i wasn't able to update breeze from the phone so i update it from the PC and after that update i don't see a hotspot of the breeze any more i can see the hotspot on ipad or on a PC but not on my smartphone (huawei honor 6) when i do a downgrade to the famous "firmware.bin" i can see the hotspot again but after an update can't.
i also noticed that at the first flight after turning on breeze on the "firmware.bin" the arm was red and after that blinking green now after the update the arm is red then it blink blue, then after about a minute it blink white and then blink green it takes 90 sec.
when it bIinkgreen i can see the breeze hotspot on the laptop and ipad but not on the smartphone.
what should i do?
Thank's in advance.

Last edited:
I just recalibrate mine because it was shifting while hovering, now as of July 3rd 2018 CST 5:17pm, my Breeze’s WiFi won’t even show on my phone

Hello guys,
i've got a breeze 4k from usa i wasnt able to see breeze hotspot.
after reading a lot on this forum i change the firmware to the famous "firmware.bin" every think was great for the first flight, after first flight the "Breeze cam" ask me to update firmware to breeze_V0.1.47_F i wasn't able to update breeze from the phone so i update it from the PC and after that update i don't see a hotspot of the breeze any more i can see the hotspot on ipad or on a PC but not on my smartphone (huawei honor 6) when i do a downgrade to the famous "firmware.bin" i can see the hotspot again but after an update can't.
i also noticed that at the first flight after turning on breeze on the "firmware.bin" the arm was red and after that blinking green now after the update the arm is red then it blink blue, then after about a minute it blink white and then blink green it takes 90 sec.
when it bIinkgreen i can see the breeze hotspot on the laptop and ipad but not on the smartphone.
what should i do?
Thank's in advance.

If you are flying ok with the downgraded firmware.bin, place your phone in airplane mode before connecting to the Breeze. That should turn off cellular data and prevent the Breeze Cam app from doing an Over the Air firmware update. Since you found the thread with @airborne ’s link to firmware.bin, there is another with links to download earlier versions of the European (F) versions of the firmware. I think 1.37 or 1.39 may work well for you. Be sure to use airplane mode before connecting to the Breeze to prevent OTA updating.

If you are flying ok with the downgraded firmware.bin, place your phone in airplane mode before connecting to the Breeze. That should turn off cellular data and prevent the Breeze Cam app from doing an Over the Air firmware update. Since you found the thread with @airborne ’s link to firmware.bin, there is another with links to download earlier versions of the European (F) versions of the firmware. I think 1.37 or 1.39 may work well for you. Be sure to use airplane mode before connecting to the Breeze to prevent OTA updating.

Thank you for the answering
is there another way not to update except using airplane mode?
what the difference between "firmware.bin" to 1.47?
did they change frequency on 5GHz?
I don't a cellular data for using the app?

Last edited:
The better person for an answer on the European firmware and Android phones is @airborne. The differences have to do with the channels used in the 5.8 GHz WiFi band. The later versions of the firmware prefer the upper channels which seems to be a problem in Europe. The best course of action for preventing OTA updates is placing the phone in airplane mode. This also seems to help Android phones connect with Breezes WiFi as it quits looking for a path to the internet.

Hi @slava` ,
Firmware.bin - a derivative of firmware 1.35F - uses the lower 5 GHz frequencies around 5.1 GHz. The newer versions of the firmware like 1.47F do a lot of checking in the upper 5 GHz band, hence the wait of a minute until green blinking starts. So it might be that your mobile is only capable of the lower 5 GHz band (802.11 a or 802.11 h but NOT 802.11 ac). Check if your phone really works on WiFi 802.11ac.
HTH
airborne

Hi @slava` ,
Firmware.bin - a derivative of firmware 1.35F - uses the lower 5 GHz frequencies around 5.1 GHz. The newer versions of the firmware like 1.47F do a lot of checking in the upper 5 GHz band, hence the wait of a minute until green blinking starts. So it might be that your mobile is only capable of the lower 5 GHz band (802.11 a or 802.11 h but NOT 802.11 ac). Check if your phone really works on WiFi 802.11ac.
HTH
airborne

Thanks @airborne, appreciate the help. Hoping you and yours are doing well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li