Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't take photos with CG03

Reaction score
I want to run what is going on with some experts before I conclude the camera is toast.

The ST10 connects to the CG03 camera and so I am able to view what the camera is seeing while attached to the Q500. However, when I try to take a still photo or video, I have a message saying "Unable to connect to camera".

I have binded the camera and Q500 to the ST10 several times. I am using a class 10 32GB micro SD that I have reformatted several times.

The decline wasn't instantaneous.....a week ago it took videos but not still photos. Last night it took two videos and then stopped. And today and it will take nothing.

Does anyone have any advice? It looks like repair costs are high; finding a replacement camera is rare and expensive. I would have liked to attach my Go Pro, but I can't find that equipment either.

Do you have a Windows PC that has 5.8 GHz WiFi capability (802.11a/ac)?

If you do and you can connect to the CGO3 WiFi (SSID of CGO3_xxxxxx, where xxxxxx is the last six digits of the camera’s MAC address) using 1234567890 for the password. Then download the Q500log2kml program from @h-elsner website http://h-elsner/mooo.com on the downloads page. This is a self contained program and you will have to give Windows permission to run it the first time. In the program you will find a CGO3 tab. You can control the camera from there setting photo or video mode and take photos and video. You can see a log of the commands sent to the camera on the App Log tab.

Reactions: Pier2162
A class 10 SD card may not fast enough for the camera. You need a UHS speed class U3 (a small 3 inside the U). The bottleneck is the write speed for the SD card. I use SanDisk Extreme A1 - U3 16 or 32 GB.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop