Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Case idea for carry-on baggage

Reaction score
I posted this idea a couple of weeks ago but am giving this more thought even though I don't have any immediate travel plans (had hoped to go to Thailand next month but don't think I'll be able to get away).

My idea is to remove the gimbal camera and then fold the rotor arms slightly up to reduce height below 9" so that it can fit in a carry-on case that is 9" deep. Can unfold the arms into flying position as that would require a case much too wide.

Here is a Pelican case that could probably work with this approach:

www.amazon.com/Pelican-1510-000-110-Carry-Case-Black/dp/B0002SKHIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464148900&sr=8-1&keywords=pelican+carry+on+case

I would maybe also check my backpack as baggage (empty except foam inserts) so that I'd have it to carry around once I was touring.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Malibu_Rod
I don't have my "H" yet (tomorrow) but interesting info, as I'll be going to Hawaii at the end of July and need to come up with something. Like the idea of trying to get it into a carry-on case. The case looks to be a good value as well. I was thinking along the lines of trying to lay it on its side and put the some type of foam core inside the center for support but don't have the 'H" yet to check it out and sure what the size would be on it's side anyway also don't want to stress the drone

what about the landing gear ?
Oh yes, I forgot, in the other thread I posted that I'd probably have to unscrew the small phillips screws holding on the landing gear. I wish these were button release legs and I'm afraid I might eventually strip the screws.

Oh yes, I forgot, in the other thread I posted that I'd probably have to unscrew the small phillips screws holding on the landing gear. I wish these were button release legs and I'm afraid I might eventually strip the screws.

No need to remove the landing gears if you found a way to travel with the arms extended flat and the landing gear up as seen on this video. Would just have to worry about securing the camera itself.

No need to remove the landing gears if you found a way to travel with the arms extended flat and the landing gear up as seen on this video. Would just have to worry about securing the camera itself.
I was thinking the legs spread out wider than 22" but I just did a rough measurement and they would be about 18" wide. The two front and two rear arms would have to be folded down quite a bit to fit within an 11" wide case but I think that is doable but I don't think this Pelican case is going to cut it since the slide-out handle takes up too much critical space (outside dimensions are 22" x 9" x 13.8" but inside shrinks down to 19.75" x 7.6" x 11"). I think maybe just buying an aluminum case wiht think walls and a simple carrying handle is in order.

Thinking of finding a suitcase that my back pack can fit in and just ckeck it. Now to find a suit case that is 16 inches wide. ugh......

You can fit it to q500 case with little foam modification for check in baggage . I am not sure how good this case is either. I need to solve this puzzle as well cause I am going to Africa and then to NZ Alps. I think I will take camera off anyway.

Does anyone know if the H hardcase backpack meets airline requirements for carry ons?

Hey guys got this pelican 1170 for my accessories. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    854.5 KB · Views: 59
You can fit it to q500 case with little foam modification for check in baggage . I am not sure how good this case is either. I need to solve this puzzle as well cause I am going to Africa and then to NZ Alps. I think I will take camera off anyway.

Will the Q500 case meet carry on requirements?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval