Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC mission without camera possible?

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the H will not do a CCC mission (via UAV Toolbox) without the camera installed? I am thinking it is because the CCC mission contains instruction on where to point the camera, and without one installed, it refuses to begin the mission. Any other reasons? Any way to do a CCC mission without the camera installed?

That would be a good question for @Tuna since he is the developer of the Toolbox. When he gets online I hope he will see your question.

There's a good question.

My mental model of how the Typhoon works is that there is a traditional 16 channel radio section (which goes through the main antenna), and a data section (which is essentially wifi). Normal live control goes through the 16 channel radio, but anything else (such as upgrades, video and so on) goes through the wifi.

The camera 'owns' that wifi connection and passes stuff onto the main flight controller when necessary - such as firmware upgrades or mission plans. Without the camera, you have no way to send data directly to the flight controller. So no CCC.

As an aside, I *think* that may be one of the reasons the E90 camera for the H520 is currently not compatible with the Typhoon H - the new model has an upgraded flight controller, so the whole data connection may be quite a bit different from the older H. It should be something that can be fixed in firmware, but the priority will be to get the H520 out there first.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Tuna,

The camera not only owns the wifi, it is the source of the wifi. Without the camera there can be no wifi.

The camera 'owns' that wifi connection and passes stuff onto the main flight controller when necessary - such as firmware upgrades or mission plans. Without the camera, you have no way to send data directly to the flight controller. So no CCC.

Hmmm...The lights on the arms do flash as if it receiving the CCC data like it does when the camera is connected. After that, it stays put.

Hmmm...The lights on the arms do flash as if it receiving the CCC data like it does when the camera is connected. After that, it stays put.

As I said, it's a mental model - I've never seen an engineering diagram for the H, just observed how things like firmware and camera control appear to behave. Some things like how the camera tilt is routed remain a mystery to me :)

The guys I work with have all the gear to actually reverse engineer the entire platform, but it would be quite an undertaking for relatively little benefit so that's left on the bench as a 'when we're really bored' project!

As I said, it's a mental model - I've never seen an engineering diagram for the H, just observed how things like firmware and camera control appear to behave. Some things like how the camera tilt is routed remain a mystery to me :)
The guys I work with have all the gear to actually reverse engineer the entire platform, but it would be quite an undertaking for relatively little benefit so that's left on the bench as a 'when we're really bored' project!
The B25 update added this: Dual Band Control Redundancy When the 2.4G signal is lost, users can control the aircraft through 5.8G Wifi as redundancy. But there is no indication that Wifi would work on the 2.4 antenna.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer