Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

I wonder how they made it 40% quieter? New motors / props? It seems most of the noise comes from the props cutting the air. Wonder if we can upgrade the software and firmware in our H's to the Plus. I don't really care about the camera upgrades but the software and firmware upgrades would be nice.
As mentioned b4 the H+ is the 520 which has new motors and different blades which are less noisy. The naming of the 520 to a H is a marketing gimmick.

As mentioned b4 the H+ is the 520 which has new motors and different blades which are less noisy. The naming of the 520 to a H is a marketing gimmick.
I understand that the H520 and TH+ have larger motors that turn more slowly. That alone cuts the noise a lot.

On a German forum, a poster has linked to a Yuneec EU Tweet stating that the new H+ C23 camera will not be backwards compatible.

Screen grab with Google translate:

View attachment 8375
But there is chat about making the similar E90 cam compatible with the H instead.

They are also flagging up the EU provisional price for the new H+, which at EU€1549 (currently UK£1370 or US$1896) makes a lot more sense than the bloated UK£1679 currently being quoted by Yuneec UK.

In which case, I will be ordering mine from Germany.

That seem not true; I received today a mailing saying:

KEY FEATURES

> 1” CMOS sensor
> 20 megapixel photos
> 4K video resolution at 60 frames per second
> Compatible with the Typhoon H / H Pro and H Pro with Intel® RealSense™
> Endless 360° rotation for panoramic images
> Complete control of the camera via the ST16 remote control
> Digital video downlink in HD

Reactions: zandoli
The Typhoon H was sold as being modular. Yuneec has made a step in the right direction.
They can really keep customers with such a move.
Keep it up Yuneec!

That's great! The TH is modular after all. The larger camera may hit the ground when pointed down. A minor inconvenience.
Now I wonder what the US price will be.
and the total weight with the H, i hope under or = 2 Kgs
Congratulations to Yuneec to respect its old customers

Not sure if someone already wrote here, I learned that C23 will be available in April.

Read the last paragraph on the specs subject to change. I’m not holding my breathe nor do I want to be the first to own. For now, no one is complaining about the very good results I get from the CGO3+ but I do hope this will be true and I can upgrade camera only. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: thoneter
I posted a link to a new YouTube video which claimed to be the maiden flight of the H Plus and it was removed for being off topic???

Thanks for sharing.

Very interesting. It looks like they’re going back to the 3 lobe dampers. It also looks like an updated RealSense module. Of course the star feature is the new 1” sensor.

Looks legit.
The Realsense is a version 2 ...
What that means??? But maybe faster reaction therefore the ability to use it in faster speeds and not just turtle.

The video is January 17, 2018. Yuneek UK is used to put back on the web his old videos, we believe that they are novelties, error, just subscribe to this YT channel :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1