Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

I've received an email from Yuneec UK inviting me to pre-order with a provisional shipping date of March. I replied asking them to justify the $500 premium on UK prices compared with those announced at CES (currently increasing as the UK£ is strengthening) and was told it was due to the addition of VAT and import duties from Yuneec Germany.

And there was I thinking there were no duties on imports from Germany - at least not until after Brexit.

And I assumed the CES price would be that offered inclusive of tax from the Yuneec website there.

Fire up your H... connect to the CGO3+ with your computer's WiFi... open a browser and type in the following address:

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=GET_SHARPNESS

This will tell you the current sharpness setting on the CGO3+.

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=5
You can set the value after the equals sign anywhere between 0 and 10... the higher the number, the greater the degree of in-camera sharpening.
if someone on the forum has an E90, it would be interesting to see if these commands work
@Eagle's Eye Video: have you tested other commands like this on CG03+?
thank you

Last edited:
I am unaware of any other commands that can be adjusted... maybe some other more senior members will chime in. The in-camera sharpness setting is the only one I've seen posted to this board. To my knowledge, any other image adjustments need to be made in post processing.

I am unaware of any other commands that can be adjusted... maybe some other more senior members will chime in. The in-camera sharpness setting is the only one I've seen posted to this board. To my knowledge, any other image adjustments need to be made in post processing.
Ok, thank's
I hope someone can confirm that we can do the same for the E90 and / or C23

On a German forum, a poster has linked to a Yuneec EU Tweet stating that the new H+ C23 camera will not be backwards compatible.

Screen grab with Google translate:

Screen shot 2018-01-17 at 17.50.08.png
But there is chat about making the similar E90 cam compatible with the H instead.

They are also flagging up the EU provisional price for the new H+, which at EU€1549 (currently UK£1370 or US$1896) makes a lot more sense than the bloated UK£1679 currently being quoted by Yuneec UK.

In which case, I will be ordering mine from Germany.

On a German forum, a poster has linked to a Yuneec EU Tweet stating that the new H+ C23 camera will not be backwards compatible.

Screen grab with Google translate:

View attachment 8375
But there is chat about making the similar E90 cam compatible with the H instead.

They are also flagging up the EU provisional price for the new H+, which at EU€1549 (currently UK£1370 or US$1896) makes a lot more sense than the bloated UK£1679 currently being quoted by Yuneec UK.

In which case, I will be ordering mine from Germany.
CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

Does the PX4 have redundant IMU's barometer's etc. and does the version or the controller used by Yuneec have these features as these features added to the six motors would make it one of the safest in the sky
I was told that the H520 does have dual IMUs

While the H Plus seems to have some advantages, it would appear from extensive reading of the forum, that the TH had some normal " new model" issues, when introduced.
As a veteran of the marine industry, I would NEVER buy a first year new model of a boat. It takes time to make a new design into a real world reliable model. Perhaps there is a correlation, perhaps not. All I'm saying is that don't be in a hurry to order the new plus - especially if you have a functional TH now.

You'll have the bird, but if it's like the H520, you'll wait for the right software to make it work. For the H520, three months later, we still do not have the correct software.
Good luck.

Yep, I'll stick with my earlier guesstimate of mid Q3, after several firmware tweaks.

If functional, it works very well in a straight line, he can only do that. Nothing of what was on paper. no peas, no orbit no curve. An erratic management of the battery that brings us back to a flight time of 15 minutes. On the way, it stops at each change of direction to leave then. etc ...
For the moment, it can not be used properly for cinematographic missions.
So when I am told that the Hplus will have all the functions of flights and knowing that it is the same platform PX4 as the H520 which he can not get, I still emit a doubt.
In your place, I would wait until the bird is finished and fully functional before rushing me.
It has been four months since my H520 slept in the office and I continue to do the missions with the Inspire DJI.
And four months of lost warranty.
Up to you.

I do have the option of returning it. I always give a new product a chance but will return it in a heartbeat if I feel it is not as advertised or defective in any way.

I do have the option of returning it. I always give a new product a chance but will return it in a heartbeat if I feel it is not as advertised or defective in any way.

So, I’m thinking about returning mine based on this current, and well documented, slew of issues. How would you return yours? To the Seller or directly to the Manufacturer?

What model do you have and how old is it and where did you buy it? Have you flown it?

H520, all 3 cameras, 4 batteries, hard, wheeled case, extra props. Purchased from VertigoDrones in December. 2 flights with no more than 30minutes airtime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430