Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

Does that mean that if someone posts about the new Typhoon H in the Typhoon H forum it will be deleted? Would it not make sense to put a sticky in that forum linking to this thread?
Anything about a new product, is listed as News. Once there is a new forum area set up for each new item, then posts about each product would be referenced there. As it stands, these products are new from Yuneec, so until the Admins move forward on a new area for them, they most likely will stay in the News area for the moment.

I was only thinking that for any new people coming here to look for it, they might run off elsewhere if they don't see it in what might be thought the logical forum. If they hang around and dig, they will find the News section but maybe most would just think you aren't up to speed and go elsewhere.

I would have done better to run away before seeing the H520 Announcement.
Who wants the most has the least (with the H 520)
Pay $ 3300 for a drone that is unable to do what a $ 1799 drone will do, it's a shame.
It is like organized rakett or it was to bail Yuneec's cash.

As for the cameras, forget they're going to be compatible. The same applies between the H480 and H520. They are totally different flight and gymbal controllers.

For the same reason, they will do the same to ensure that the H PLUS is not compatible with the H520. Although the hardware has all the clues of being exactly the same. Same batteries, same engines, same propellers, same transmitter, same camera........ Except color, Intel Realsense, features and especially price.

Which is why I started the thread in the H520 forum. To compare the two models, they seem "too much"to each other.

Yes Arruntus, and I think we followed the wrong wire following the H520.
I am sorry the purchase of the H520, I was hoping for something better than dji who misses its updates but I would have had more features with an Inspire 2. I have more than 70 missions to do in June and July and I would be unable to do them properly with this H520. It's my Inspire 1 who will have to do everything.
Finally Yuneec is to put in the same basket as DJI: Money Pump.

Yes Arruntus, and I think we followed the wrong wire following the H520.
I am sorry the purchase of the H520, I was hoping for something better than dji who misses its updates but I would have had more features with an Inspire 2. I have more than 70 missions to do in June and July and I would be unable to do them properly with this H520. It's my Inspire 1 who will have to do everything.
Finally Yuneec is to put in the same basket as DJI: Money Pump.

Why did you buy the H520? It was always advertised as being for surveying and mapping, not as a film platform.

As with any drone, I'd always recommend reading the spec sheets carefully and checking out the reviews to see if the drone meets your needs. Until you see a feature being demonstrated, you should assume it doesn't exist - that's the same for all of the drone manufacturers. Camera tests are part of the purchase process - if you can't see a review, you're buying blind.

When it comes to the H Plus, people should listen carefully to the reviews, rather than imagining what they think it might do. Yuneec have been clear that the commercial and consumer drones will offer different features, so please take some time to understand what you are getting for your money. So far, it sounds like the H Plus will be a perfectly good drone. Until we see what the ST16 software and flight performance is like, we cannot confirm that.

Sorry but I'm not shortsighted. And it was Yunnec who wrote it.
So when you're lying to sell, it comes from the court of justice.
View attachment 8215
Correct!
Don't expect me to jump on this bad-wagon if a distorted horizon is a selling point. I am driven to distraction with the variably distorted horizon in the E90.

I didn't see that anyone caught the "integrated no-fly zones" in the H480 Plus. That could be a problem.

I will say I am relieved. I bought an H480 Pro last month, then read about Yuneec's problems. I also would have gone DJI (and still plan to) if I had known beforehand about them buying Hasselblad, but updating the H series, AND releasing two new products is certainly good news, and more progress at this point than what DJI released today.

I didn't see that anyone caught the "integrated no-fly zones" in the H480 Plus. That could be a problem.

I will say I am relieved. I bought an H480 Pro last month, then read about Yuneec's problems. I also would have gone DJI (and still plan to) if I had known beforehand about them buying Hasselblad, but updating the H series, AND releasing two new products is certainly good news, and more progress at this point than what DJI released today.

Where did you see the no-fly zones? I don't see it.

Post #12- in the second paragraph of the PR release about the H, near the bottom of the paragraph.

Thank you, I thought it was the same article I'd read elsewhere.
I don't like the idea for any drone. Turns out we're gonna have a DJI 2 now???????? :oops:

A pilot must be responsible enough to fly safely without anyone coming to tell you where you can and can't fly. Implementing that seems like a big mistake to me.

Please remember to keep all comments polite, and to be civil to one another in this thread or it will be closed for comments.

Thanks
Murray

Thank you, I thought it was the same article I'd read elsewhere.
I don't like the idea for any drone. Turns out we're gonna have a DJI 2 now???????? :oops:

A pilot must be responsible enough to fly safely without anyone coming to tell you where you can and can't fly. Implementing that seems like a big mistake to me.
This will be a difference between the consumer are commercial versions.
U would think that they won't do NFZ release anymore. As they have the option for those who need it.
I don't see a problem with cheaper stones implementing NFZ to stop cowboys and idiots flying where and when they shouldn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan