Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+4k Camera no WiFi to ST16

Reaction score
I'm referencing a Typhoon H with CGO3+4k, and ST16. A couple of days ago I took everything out and did a test fly. Everything worked fine and then shut everything down. Left everything in the case in my car overnight and was there until I arrived at another location. I unpacked all and started everything up. When all started up, I realized I left the camera cover on and quickly took it off. Everything seemed fine except the RC passed, but the Wifi wasn't connecting. I did a quick reboot and now, in addition to the Wifi stalling, I now get a message that the camera is not the right one attached to the Typhoon H. I fiddled around some, did a refresh, however, not really knowing what I was doing (first timer), I did a reset and the camera disappeared from the binding page and now I cannot get it back. When I try the CGO3+ in the camera page I get a message that the camera is not connected. The CGO3 is responsive when booting up, however I end up getting blink red lights which I know is a WiFi error. I cannot get to the tablet mode because the error message will not go away, even when I try the back arrow. Any ideas? Would appreciate help.

I'm referencing a Typhoon H with CGO3+4k, and ST16. A couple of days ago I took everything out and did a test fly. Everything worked fine and then shut everything down. Left everything in the case in my car overnight and was there until I arrived at another location. I unpacked all and started everything up. When all started up, I realized I left the camera cover on and quickly took it off. Everything seemed fine except the RC passed, but the Wifi wasn't connecting. I did a quick reboot and now, in addition to the Wifi stalling, I now get a message that the camera is not the right one attached to the Typhoon H. I fiddled around some, did a refresh, however, not really knowing what I was doing (first timer), I did a reset and the camera disappeared from the binding page and now I cannot get it back. When I try the CGO3+ in the camera page I get a message that the camera is not connected. The CGO3 is responsive when booting up, however I end up getting blink red lights which I know is a WiFi error. I cannot get to the tablet mode because the error message will not go away, even when I try the back arrow. Any ideas? Would appreciate help.
not sure if this will work, take the battery out of the main controller maybe it will reset?

92AC0A10-5DF3-46D3-9CD1-E09E8AA96492.jpegMount the camera on the aircraft and power up the aircraft. Use a toothpick or a straightened paperclip to depress the reset button toward the outside of the camera body (the one without the arrow) for 15 seconds. Power off the aircraft, wait for it to completely power down, then power on again. Watch the LED on the camera. It should start white, go to solid red, and then go to flashing green. If it does that use a phone or computer that has 5.8 GHz WiFi and look for the CGO3P_xxxxxx SSID. Connect to it and enter the password 1234567890. If you are able to connect that way, then power the aircraft down and go through the binding procedure with the ST16.

Never leave your system in a vehicle where extreme temps either hot or cold can be experienced. When you are done flying it is a good idea to pull the battery and allow the camera and aircraft to cool for a few minutes before packing them in the case.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I did a reset and the camera disappeared from the binding page and now I cannot get it back. When I try the CGO3+ in the camera page I get a message that the camera is not connected. The CGO3 is responsive when booting up, however I end up getting blink red lights which I know is a WiFi error. I cannot get to the tablet mode because the error message will not go away, even when I try the back arrow. Any ideas? Would appreciate help.
I am a little confused by some of the apparent symptoms. We can talk about the details later if the reset suggested by @DoomMeister does not work.
But one additional thought for now. You did not mention creating a new model and binding the camera to the new model. Did you do that after the factory reset?

Reactions: 7cyclops
I am a little confused by some of the apparent symptoms. We can talk about the details later if the reset suggested by @DoomMeister does not work.
But one additional thought for now. You did not mention creating a new model and binding the camera to the new model. Did you do that after the factory reset?
Just to let you know, I currently have no Wifi on my controller and can't get into tab mode to turn it on..... I've enclosed some photos
Here's what I get when the controller finishes booting up.st16welcomeilot.JPG

When I hit Ok, I get the following screen
st16cameraselect.JPG
From here, when I hit select I keep getting the message that the camera is not connected....(probably no Wifi...right?) When I go to the binding page, I keep hitting refresh but the camera never shows up...
st16binding.JPG
When I press the back button, I am taken back to the main screen (first image) and to the warning message. Hitting the back does nothing resulting in not being able to perform a factory reset.

I hope this explains things a bit more, and am hoping you can shed any light or any solution(s) on my situation.

Thanks

I hope this explains things a bit more, and am hoping you can shed any light or any solution(s) on my situation.

Thanks
The "Camera is not match" loop is a fairly common controller issue. It's a failed controller module. Most often the WiFi module that includes the camera 5.8 WiFi, but sometimes the main controller module. If you are getting the loop when the drone/camera are not turned on, the controller has an issue.

The blinking red camera LED would be a camera WiFi issue. Does it continue to blink red for more than a minute or so? It normally blinks between red/white for a short period while the camera is starting. EU firmware might be a longer, but US firmware generally proceeds to flashing green (or orange, if no SD card) within a few seconds.

Taken together, what you describe is two fairly unrelated failures at the same time. Was there anything other than being left in car that may have affected both the camera and the controller?

The "Camera is not match" loop is a fairly common controller issue. It's a failed controller module. Most often the WiFi module that includes the camera 5.8 WiFi, but sometimes the main controller module. If you are getting the loop when the drone/camera are not turned on, the controller has an issue.

The blinking red camera LED would be a camera WiFi issue. Does it continue to blink red for more than a minute or so? It normally blinks between red/white for a short period while the camera is starting. EU firmware might be a longer, but US firmware generally proceeds to flashing green (or orange, if no SD card) within a few seconds.

Taken together, what you describe is two fairly unrelated failures at the same time. Was there anything other than being left in car that may have affected both the camera and the controller?
I've been paying more attention when powering on the drone with the camera attached and here is what I've been noticing. The camera DOES blink between red/white for a short period when starting up with the drone and then proceeds to the flashing green/orange lights (depending on installed/no SD card). So taking into account, from your experience, there seems to be nothing wrong with the camera; especially since I replaced it with another of the same model and I get the same result.

What I DID come across was something you said about powering on the controller without the drone/camera. I did notice that if I power on MY controller w/o the drone/camera, I still get the "Camera Not Match" loop So, I think, by reading your reply, my controller may have an issue.

After my last flight (a week before Easter; weather was cold; 40s maybe?), I powered down the controller and then the drone/camera. I then broke everything down and returned everything to the case I received with the unit. I closed everything up and put it into the trunk of my car. It remained there overnight until late afternoon the following day. When I arrived at my next destination, I took the case out and took it into another house. I let it sit for approximately three hours at which point I decided to take the drone out of the case and get it ready for flight. It was then I discovered that 1) The WiFi was not connecting, and 2) The "Camera Not Match" message appeared for the first time. And you know the rest.

I am a pretty "raw" newbie pilot with a driven interest to continue flying as a hobby and I am sure you get a lot of people like me; some with either a short fleeting interest or others who are serious. I am proud to say, that I am part of the latter. I've been learning a lot these few weeks and am looking forward to learning more. Now that there seems to be a diagnosis (hopefully); where do I go from here with this "failed loop"? Do I have to take this in for repair or is there an at-home fix (board replacement maybe)?

Thanks for bearing with me this far.

It can be done at home, as far as technical reasons go. But there is a risk. The problem is not always the most common module, and sometimes is neither module. You can wind up wasting money buying parts that don't help anything.

With that said, the 5.8 module is:
(Note the picture is upside down relative to installed shown below)

The main flight control Module is:

And this is an idea of where they are in the ST16:
ST16 Modules.jpg

It can be done at home, as far as technical reasons go. But there is a risk. The problem is not always the most common module, and sometimes is neither module. You can wind up wasting money buying parts that don't help anything.

With that said, the 5.8 module is:
(Note the picture is upside down relative to installed shown below)

The main flight control Module is:

And this is an idea of where they are in the ST16:
View attachment 25344
So, I'm replacing just the WiFi module? or the Main Board or the Flight Control module.... and I'm looking at doing this on the ST16...correct?

So, I'm replacing just the WiFi module? or the Main Board or the Flight Control module.... and I'm looking at doing this on the ST16...correct?
Yes, this is the ST16 only. Nothing wrong with your camera.

If you happen to have spare parts available, I would recommend the WIFI module first, as it seems to be the culprit a little more often.
If you don't have parts on hand, I would recommend the Main Control board first since it is less expensive, and has almost as good a chance for being the culprit.

Also see the PM I sent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval