Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cg03 gimbal issue

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I thought I would just ask, since I sure someone has had this issue. I power on the h, the gimbal and camera homes itself, video connects and comes to ready. It won't rotate, move up or down and will not do a gimbal calibration after that. Any ideas?

It could be an issue with the controller or it could be in the Drone/camera circuit.

You can use the controller's "Hardware Monitor" feature monitor to ensure the gimbal controls are working. Not much hope that's the problem, but it's easier to do than trace the wiring..

Unfortunately, the PWM wires and connectors are more likely to be the issue.
1.) First check the contact springs on the camera mount. They have a habit of getting stuck down. If either of the two PWM contacts are stuck down, you will get the behavior you described. Refer to
Attachment 19 (Stuck Mount Contacts) in the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.

2.) If the contacts look good, you will need to trace the actual connections and wiring associated with the PWM wires. For this, you can refer to Attachment 58 (Typhoon H / CG03+ Continuity) of that same PDF document. You will be tracing wires 3 and 4 as illustrated in the attachment. This video may help with removing the shell to gain access to the wiring.

3.) The last suggestion would be to check the Slip Ring. The Slip Ring would increase greatly in priority if there has been a recent event in which the Camera Dampers came out or the camera got bumped from below.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio