Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03 (not CG03+) on Typhoon H 480?

Reaction score
Ok here goes.....

I have a CG03 from a Q500 4K with the latest firmware on....it has the gimbal with the same contacts as the CG03+ on

I have a new this year Typhoon H with ST16+ controller all with latest firmware on board.

Here's the thing... I'm wanting to install the Pixaero 6mm lens into the CG03 and bind it to the H and record photo and video in flight.

I fully understand that there will be no panning possible with this camera, what I was wanting to do was get a more zoomed in image and video from it.

If I create a new model, bind the H then the camera will it function?

Any Thoughts.....?

The end aim is to put a pixaero 3.77mm lens in the CG03+ so that I can have better images from that and a camera that will allow me to do better inspection work.

Cheers

Chris

Can you just put the CG03 on the Typhoon H and try it now, before you mount the lens?

Yes, just select the camera model CGO3, rather than the CGO3 Pro

Yes, just select the camera model CGO3, rather than the CGO3 Pro
I think the only difference with the camera selection for those two are the camera settings. Selecting the Pro should work the same and give you access to advanced camera settings beyond the basic settings of the CGO3.

@cbphoto2006 if you have not found this thread,

6mm & 8mm PixAero Lenses Now Available

it should be of interest to you... I did the same thing, looking for a longer lens. I have experience with the Peau 8.25 and the PixAero 6 mm. Overall, the degree of satisfaction with either choice will depend on your expectations going in. If you are primarily concerned with inspection photos, you will get good results with the Peau 8.25.

However any of these longer lenses suffer in the quality of live video footage... ultimately the increased magnification using these longer lenses, exceeds the gimbal's tolerances for vibrations. You can under ideal conditions, get some B roll footage, but nothing so steady that it would be suitable for primary inspection video, IMO.

As far as the PixAero 3.77, that is the best you can install as a OEM replacement. If you are planning on doing the installs yourself, feel free to download this sharpness target:

View album 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval