Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET - can i get it working on Typhoon H?? Help please

Reaction score
Morning everyone.
I have recently purchased a CGO-ET.
I thought it was compatible with Typhoon H.
When i read the small print, it said compatible with Typhoon H520 :(
I cannot return it as it is my fault

the CGO-0ET binds to ST16 and camera works, just no Pan & Tilt

Aircraft Details

Aircraft Model is SR24S_28162v1.07
Camera is CGO-ET2_520039

ST16 About Controller reads as follows:
ST16
st16_system_v03.01.b30
APK version st16_app_V01.00.45

Aircraft
Autopilot version - request timeout
Gimbal version - request timeout
Camera version - V1.013E CGO-ET
Realsense version - request timeout.

Is there a way to update the firmware to make it compatible to Typhoon H, or get the Pan and Tilt working?

Really annoyed at myself that i didn't read the small print...

for info, everything works ok with CGO-3+

Just sell it. This will be the best solution.
what sell the CGO-ET, H, or everything and buy something else ?? :)

just wondering... :)

I probably wont get back what i paid for the CGO=ET :(...
I could use it as is without Pan & Tilt - not the end of the world
Thanks for the advice.

You can very likely sell the H520 version of the CGO-ET for what you paid for it, or be able to trade for the Typhoon H (H480) version of the CGO-ET.

If you bought the CGO-ET from Yuneec or one of their vendors you should get your money back and get the right version for your Typhoon H. If you bought it from elsewhere you may be out of luck for returning it.

Last edited:
what sell the CGO-ET, H, or everything and buy something else ??
You have talked about the camera, so my proposal was to sell the camera. Everything in this sale depends on the market situation. Usually, the seller gets more than he/she paid a month or two before. Keep in mind, this camera has very low characteristics in relation to the new sensors on the market. So, to hold it, more than, with flaws, is not a good idea, but you know better.

Is there a way to update the firmware to make it compatible to Typhoon H, or get the Pan and Tilt working?
The camera firmware is already compatible, as you mentioned. It is the gimbal firmware that is not compatible.

Your problem can be resolved by changing the gimbal firmware to the gimbal firmware for a CGo3+. The firmware to do that is not available to the public. A Yuneec Service Center may have this service available. It would be worth a phone call to at least ask them. CONTACT US

Reactions: DoomMeister
Little off-topic. I'm pretty sure, is possible to sniff the communication between the 520 and the camera and to prepare a mediator device to transfer telegrams from one format to another. My idea was closed forever when one sexy guy in ebay-kleinazeigen.de got my money and, for now, sent nothing. He will not send anything due to some german realities. I'm not annoyed at all, because the idea was volatile to do or not to do. Now everything is hard, no reason to do anything in this direction. Better is to finish H480 to GB203 adaptor and to focus on the new and cheap thermal sensors.

P.S. The scammer is not really far from the Yuneec drones, the ads are reasonably written. Seller is "privat" and so on. If someone knows this baby, let drop me a PM. The address is enough. For sure he sells something to someone and on the package will be the return address. A little education will do him good in the future.

P.P.S. A punch in his face would give me great satisfaction. He can keep the money for himself.

A Yuneec Service Center may have this service available
Exactly not. The gimbal processor seems to be different. They propose a service to restore killed by update cameras. Nothing more, but to call is worthy. Probably they will propose a gimbal from a CGO3+, which will work with this camera. Not sure for the last, no "patient" to try this.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Probably they will propose a gimbal from a CGO3+, which will work with this camera. Not sure for the last, no "patient" to try this.
Using a CGO3+ gimbal for the H520 CGO-ET might work. That would be worth a try for someone with the parts available.

Using a CGO3+ gimbal for the H520 CGO-ET might work.
There is a small question not related to the movement itself, but the EXIF data. Movement should work 100%.

Correction. IMU can be incompatible, so should be replaced by the donor.

Thanks for everyones advice so far.
I am very new to modifying Drones, so am unsure what parts would be needed to buy and swap out.

I havent taken the CG0-ET apart yet to see what is inside, but assume it contains a single board that is the gimbal controller and WiFi Tx.

will using this board get the gimbal working by replacing the board inside the CG0-ET?

Thanks for everyones advice so far.
I am very new to modifying Drones, so am unsure what parts would be needed to buy and swap out.

I havent taken the CG0-ET apart yet to see what is inside, but assume it contains a single board that is the gimbal controller and WiFi Tx.

will using this board get the gimbal working by replacing the board inside the CG0-ET?

With the cost of the CGO-ET I don’t advise opening it up and replacing parts without having a working knowledge of it. I would strongly suggest you let @WTFDproject and/or @georgero weigh in on what might be possible. To my knowledge the H520 version of the CGO-ET cost more than the Typhoon H (H480) version. I would be looking to obtain the correct version for your aircraft via trade or selling the one you have to purchase the other.

See post #6. And the gimbal firmware would not be on the WiFi board.

Reactions: Steve Carr
With the cost of the CGO-ET I don’t advise opening it up and replacing parts without having a working knowledge of it. I would strongly suggest you let @WTFDproject and/or @georgero weigh in on what might be possible. To my knowledge the H520 version of the CGO-ET cost more than the Typhoon H (H480) version. I would be looking to obtain the correct version for your aircraft via trade or selling the one you have to purchase the other.

See post #6. And the gimbal firmware would not be on the WiFi board.
The CGo-ET for H520 can be converted to CGo-ET for Typhoon H but it requires a bootloader and gimbal calibration software that is not available to the general public. As @DoomMeister mentioned, this is probably not something you would want to try at home. Also as @DoomMeister said, see Post #6 unless shipping to the US is an option.

No. That board has nothing to do with it. Both versions of the CGo-ET have the same WiFi board already. And the one in your link is not the right one anyway.
The difference is in the firmware of the gimbal board. And the gimbal board CANNOT be swapped between two cameras or replaced with a new one without calibration. Swapping parts will not resolve your issue.

Little off-topic. I'm pretty sure, is possible to sniff the communication between the 520 and the camera and to prepare a mediator device to transfer telegrams from one format to another. My idea was closed forever when one sexy guy in ebay-kleinazeigen.de got my money and, for now, sent nothing. He will not send anything due to some german realities. I'm not annoyed at all, because the idea was volatile to do or not to do. Now everything is hard, no reason to do anything in this direction. Better is to finish H480 to GB203 adaptor and to focus on the new and cheap thermal sensors.

P.S. The scammer is not really far from the Yuneec drones, the ads are reasonably written. Seller is "privat" and so on. If someone knows this baby, let drop me a PM. The address is enough. For sure he sells something to someone and on the package will be the return address. A little education will do him good in the future.

P.P.S. A punch in his face would give me great satisfaction. He can keep the money for himself.
Gerade bei #eBayKleinanzeigen gefunden. Wie findest du das?

Looks the same gay... Be careful!

• Angry
Reactions: Chris Koch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval