Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Steve, thanks for the files, I had previously seen them but didn’t know if they were raw or enhanced for advertisements. Although I did notice this time after noting above comments within 2nd clip the layering of different size images. Is that output directly available or do you need to capture ST16’s screen? That file resides where again: camera card, ST16? Can the 2 layers transparency / intensity be adjusted to enhance either layer to assist in showing the structure’s point of attention?

Haydn, thanks for the clip. What mode was the IR in, it didn’t have the expected thermo look, and person in video didn’t appear as different heat zones?
Not sure.
Was awhile ago.
The person is me...
I found a dark object in the field and was wondering what it was.
I came over and it was a sheet of metal.
I kicked it away in case there was a snake under it. :p
I may have also had the temperature range set as opposed to auto.

Steve, thanks for the files, I had previously seen them but didn’t know if they were raw or enhanced for advertisements. Although I did notice this time after noting above comments within 2nd clip the layering of different size images. Is that output directly available or do you need to capture ST16’s screen? That file resides where again: camera card, ST16? Can the 2 layers transparency / intensity be adjusted to enhance either layer to assist in showing the structure’s point of attention?
That view in Uwe clips are a HDMI capture.
With the new CGO-ET for the H520 you can change the blend mode to make it less solid overlay. Meaning you can make it more transparent.
The video I uploaded to drop box is a raw file from the cameras SDCard. (Cropped to 1 minute for upload) there is a low quality version (proxy file) on the ST16.. but to be honest I've never taken notice as to what is in it... If it is a dual channel one or not.

I'm currently working on a test video showing how to edit the clips on the iPad.

I extracted the IR and 1080p video from the sd card file using the MKV tool. Then imported them into Power Director 16. No syncing is needed because each file is the same length. In this video I set them side by side. It's quite easy to get the orientation.

Reactions: Haydn
Good job SC. Wow did you see all those chargers? Also when you were in the room looking at the heat source next to the window, I had to view it several times. There's a heater behind the shoes. Thought for a moment why are the shoes radiating heat.:confused:

From Steve C: This house is heated with hot water and that is one of the heating registers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, great example. For my understanding; you can extract the file set (1080 & IR) together and view native as an overlay file (what format?) without any post work, but MKV allows separation which I turn allows other SW such as Power Director (PD16) to edit, play, create output file. Does PD16 have ability to choose output as 2 Tracks as side by side or overlaid in 1 Window? If 1 window, can you change transparency in PD16 during post edit work? Can defiantly see the need for both now to understand heat zone detail. I think I could better understand, explain to client, provide validation file if in 1 Track overlay.

Haydn, Great instructional video.
Provides a lot of information and addresses questions in a nice short clip.
I liked the part where it can adjust the transparency of IR layer, very helpful. Question, If it was already in 2 tracks why was it needed to make a 2nd IR Track: Track 3 to obtain the opacity transparency adjustment?

When post work is completed, what file output format options are provided? Does the final file carry any data with it: tracks, IR data, etc? Could be be re-edited and change the opacity or is final file a flat video format.

In the previous CGOET advertising clips, it shows the Temp next to a icon pointer. Does that type of data properties carry over with IR Track or is that a separate meta data track?

....If it was already in 2 tracks why was it needed to make a 2nd IR Track: Track 3 to obtain the opacity transparency adjustment?
Because otherwise you are only going to see one track. If you only had the IR track showing (track 3) and you make it 50% transparent.... What are you going to see below it? Nothing... The video tracks are independent of each other. You are simply choosing the track you want to see, then modifying it's properties. So you place down the solid track 1 first. Then put the 50% track 3 on top.

When post work is completed, what file output format options are provided?
in LumaFusion.. any you want

Does the final file carry any data with it: tracks, IR data, etc?
No

Could be be re-edited and change the opacity or is final file a flat video format.
only by re editing in LumaFusion the original file. Once you out put it it converts to single source video file.
But I can suggest it to them to output a multi track version....... Not sure what benefit it would be.

In the previous CGOET advertising clips, it shows the Temp next to a icon pointer. Does that type of data properties carry over with IR Track or is that a separate meta data track?
I think there is an additional file. Sorry I haven't taken much notice.

Steve, great example. For my understanding; you can extract the file set (1080 & IR) together and view native as an overlay file (what format?) without any post work, but MKV allows separation which I turn allows other SW such as Power Director (PD16) to edit, play, create output file. Does PD16 have ability to choose output as 2 Tracks as side by side or overlaid in 1 Window? If 1 window, can you change transparency in PD16 during post edit work? Can defiantly see the need for both now to understand heat zone detail. I think I could better understand, explain to client, provide validation file if in 1 Track overlay.
I extracted both tracks using MKV. The exported files have and MKV file extension. You can simply change it to .mp4 if you wish. Once imported into Power Director each video is added as a video track. You can position the IR track in several configurations: side-by-side, inlay, blend, etc.
This is one method of a blend. Since the IR is 9fps and the 1080p is 29.97fps, there is a jerky appearance to the overlay. This is easily corrected by moving the camera slower. I was inside merely carrying the H around to do a sample recording.

OK, I'm hopeful this will meet my intended activities in both the high ISO low light view and the IR Thermo. I purchased a CGO-ET for the H. Thanks for all your info on both ET camera & various software tools. Looking forward to camera showing up. And... for those wanting the new ET version, normally when I purchase something the new Version is released shortly thereafter... so patience. LOL!

Reactions: Steve Carr
There is an additional option to extract the thermal video: ffmpeg (FFmpeg). The command "ffmpeg -i YUN00001.mp4 -map 0:2 thermal.mp4" is an example how to extract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval