Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET

Reaction score
So, regarding the CGO-ET for the the H520

The day my H520 was due to arrive I saw the you tube video from TI un-boxing one.

A moment grabbed my interest.

Having bought a CGO-ET previously in anticipation of the H520 the video stated that there was an upgrade enclosed with the CGO-ET they had with the H520.

I immediately contacted Yuneec and asked about this.

After some time, as the cs guy had to go ask, I was told that there would be both a firmware and software upgrade available at some point.

Calling today I am informed that this is not the case.

The CGO-ET is not yet available for the H520 and when it is it will be totally different to the last one.

No firmware update, no software update.

It seems I have spent some $7100 for the E90 package plus the E50 and previously the CGO-ET
and it does not do what was advertised???????

Remember the video showing the fire brigade using the CGO-ET on the H520 to search in the woods?

I know that was filmed in the UK, is the Trades Descriptions Act still enforced over there or do they have the CGO-ET?????

Should I just cut my losses and demands a refund?

Sigh, sad really as I have always been in Yuneec's corner :(

I'd perhaps wait to confirm the situation on the CGO-ET, as the support information seems to be somewhat confused. There are conflicting reports from different sources at the moment.

It probably wasn't the best idea to buy the CGO-ET before the H520, but assuming it is unused, the dealer should surely be able to offer you a refund if you cannot get it upgraded to work with the drone.

The distributors (UK, EU and US) tested the H520 in various different configurations and with different cameras and software whilst it was being developed. However, the final release hardware and firmware that they have been given to sell at the present moment only includes the E90 camera - I think everyone assumed that the additional camera support would come sooner, so Yuneec does need to make a commitment to clarify their plans and timescales.

I'd perhaps wait to confirm the situation on the CGO-ET, as the support information seems to be somewhat confused. There are conflicting reports from different sources at the moment.

It probably wasn't the best idea to buy the CGO-ET before the H520, but assuming it is unused, the dealer should surely be able to offer you a refund if you cannot get it upgraded to work with the drone.

The distributors (UK, EU and US) tested the H520 in various different configurations and with different cameras and software whilst it was being developed. However, the final release hardware and firmware that they have been given to sell at the present moment only includes the E90 camera - I think everyone assumed that the additional camera support would come sooner, so Yuneec does need to make a commitment to clarify their plans and timescales.

Thank you for the info.

When i was told the first time that there would be an upgrade I thought "Oh well, it should be worth it" but now :(

I have patience, I will wait (I've waited this long for the thing to be released)

I have already invested in the E50 as an addition. that arrived last Mon.

I suppose two out of three isn't bad.

Just have to get the offline maps to download now (it tells me they have this time). Perhaps get to try it out early next week.

Don't listen to me, but I heard they're taking out a new thermal camera. But it's just a rumor. That could have been the cause of the confusion of the person you've spoken to and more if he had to ask someone. The last thing the colleagues have commented is that, they are going to release a firmware to be compatible with both cameras. The truth is, it's all a little confusing :(

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I posted here a while back about the "new et". I had seen a video earlier in the year about Yuneec releasing a new CGO-ET with the 520. From what I understood from the video it was going to be a higher resolution than the current model. I was never able to find the video again, that is why I posted the question here. Though it may seem hard right now, I would stay with your plan. You already have the 520 and the e-50. I am so jealous.......lol. The new ET will most likely be worth the wait. I am going out tonight with my et to do a roof inspection. I would liked to have had the new et to do this with. From the sound of your gear you are looking to do inspection work. Hang in there, get the new ET and never look back!!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I've heard 2 rumors, one that its the same camera (with or without a software/firmware upgrade) and one that they're upping the camera so the thermal resolution is better (4x the resolution or 2x the pixel count in each direction)

That said, they're just rumors and I wouldn't trust any of it until products are shipping.

I posted here a while back about the "new et". I had seen a video earlier in the year about Yuneec releasing a new CGO-ET with the 520. From what I understood from the video it was going to be a higher resolution than the current model. I was never able to find the video again, that is why I posted the question here. Though it may seem hard right now, I would stay with your plan. You already have the 520 and the e-50. I am so jealous.......lol. The new ET will most likely be worth the wait. I am going out tonight with my et to do a roof inspection. I would liked to have had the new et to do this with. From the sound of your gear you are looking to do inspection work. Hang in there, get the new ET and never look back!!

Maybe we saw the same video. At the fair I was asking and nobody knew anything. All I can find out is that Flir's getting a new thermal camera. A new Duo Pro with good specifications but not yet known when. It would be nice if Yuneec could come up with a much more advanced version of the CGOET because the specifications are a bit looser. A little more resolution and quality would be good for the H520.

The Flir can be found here FLIR Duo™ Pro R| FLIR Systems made for the suas and radiometric.

Given that the Duo Pro R is likely to cost a lot more than the Flir Duo (it sits above it in the range rather than replacing it), I'd imagine any upgraded CGO-ET will be similarly more expensive. Who knows?

Given that the Duo Pro R is likely to cost a lot more than the Flir Duo (it sits above it in the range rather than replacing it), I'd imagine any upgraded CGO-ET will be similarly more expensive. Who knows?

Absolutely sure. At the fair I was talking to a Flir dealer and he told me that the Duo Pro R would be around $9000, the price was not yet established. It is expected to be out by November but there are no dates yet and it may be delayed.

I asked him about the rumors of the new Yuneec CGOET, given that the interior is Flir, and that he had also heard something but had no further news.

Tried importing my CGO-ET video into Flir Tools last night. Had no success in bringing up anything other than the visible image. From the information I have been able to glean of the new DUO, I would say that $9000 would be a reasonable price for it. I would hope that there was a standard way to mount it to the 520. I'm thinking a 520 with the E-50, and the DUO-PRO would make the perfect inspection vehicle.

Tried importing my CGO-ET video into Flir Tools last night. Had no success in bringing up anything other than the visible image. From the information I have been able to glean of the new DUO, I would say that $9000 would be a reasonable price for it. I would hope that there was a standard way to mount it to the 520. I'm thinking a 520 with the E-50, and the DUO-PRO would make the perfect inspection vehicle.

The camera alone weighs 375 grams. If we add the weight of the Gymbal, I think it would be excessive for the H520 if we want to preserve flight times. No doubt it would be a winning couple, but unfortunately I don't see it clearly.

When doing inspection work, I normally get up, get my info, and get back down. Granted, there are times when you are in the air longer and multiple batteries are needed. If I had the option I think I would give it a try. It would be a rather expensive test though. I'm thinking too rich for my wallet.

Radiometric capable IR sensor/camera configurations with or with out combined visible camera capabilities are expensive. The initial CGO-ET package barely meets professional quality requirements to be s useful tool. FLIR is not only vendor making IR cameras for UAV inspection missions. For price comparisons see Infrared Camera Inc. in Beaumont TX. They currently have packages that integrate IR radiometric quality cameras onto gimbals which provide full camera and gimbal control capability from the ground based controllers for DJI solutions. I would think that if this H520 begins to sell in high volume that they might try a design package for this drone. But as a reality check the market for IR inspection missions with UAVs is a small fraction of all flights. And if you are interested in getting calibrated IR data from these cameras then you are going to have to pay serious dollars from who ever is your source for the camera.

While the points you make are valid, I'm beginning to question their purpose. Your reply in this thread and the position you have taken in the thread you started (IR cool tool) seems to imply that we are unaware of the thermal environment. I am a level 1 thermographer, and I do leaky roof inspections. I am working with the tools that I can afford. I also do solar panel inspections with the same tool. However, I also do building weatherization, electrical, and plumbing with a Flir E-60bx. I am in no way dismissing the fact that ICI is most likely a very good company. But at the same time I am concerned by the fact that you have come to this forum and promote a view that Yuneec and Flir seem to be somehow secondary to your preferred ICI and DJI. I also think that most of us here are well aware of the cost of this equipment. May I also suggest that someone that knows the limits of their equipment would know best as to where they can and cannot be effective with it. A power line inspection could be done with a CGO-ET or a E-60bx complete with a temp reading. Just not with the style and grace of a Halo, which I cannot compare the price with without filling out a form to obtain a quote. I'm thinking that , though, we may be the little people at the bottom of the mountain that you look down on.........we're doing alright.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33