Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 / CGO-ET manipulate stream quality

Reaction score
Hello,

we are using a H520 together with a CGO-ET in out fire department. If i take photos or videos during flight and download them from the SD card after landing, the quality is as expected. But the live video on the remote (and the HDMI output) seems to be heavily compressed. I understand, that the WiFi connection has a limited bandwidth and the video can not be transferred in HD/30 fps, but I wonder if it is possible to change the settings of the corresponding H264 stream. There are situations where I would like a live view with improved quality and could accept a worse frame rate. For example a nearly uncompressed image every 2 seconds would be sufficient. Especially when visualizing the live view on a big monitor, the compression artifacts can be quite annoying.

Is there any parameter on the CGO-ET to manipulate the generated H264 stream?

I am talking about the "natural", not the thermal imaging.

Thanks,
Florian

I have not seen any way to do that. I believe it is a limitation of the wifi card in the camera. The E90 transmits a 720p signal but I'm not sure what the CGO-ET is sending. It might be lower.

The CGO-ET also sends a 720p stream with a frame rate of (approx.) 2 fps:

Code:
fp@dijkstra:~> mplayer rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live                                                                                      
MPlayer 1.2.r38304-Packman-11 (C) 2000-2021 MPlayer Team                                                                                
do_connect: could not connect to socket                                                                                                  
connect: No such file or directory                                                                                                      
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.                                                            
Playing rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live.                                                                                                    
Resolving 192.168.42.1 for AF_INET6...                                                                                                  
Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: 192.168.42.1                                                                                        
Connecting to server 192.168.42.1[192.168.42.1]: 554...                                                                                  
rtsp_session: unsupported RTSP server. Server type is 'unknown'.                                                                        
STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live                                                                                        
 file format detected.                                                                                                                  
Initiated "video/H264" RTP subsession on port 42662                                                                                      
Initiated "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" RTP subsession on port 36606                                                                            
VIDEO:  [H264]  0x0  0bpp  29.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)                                                                        
==========================================================================                                                              
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family                                                                        
libavcodec version 58.134.100 (external)                                                                                                
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)                                                                                
Trying to force audio codec driver family libmad...                                                                                      
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders                                                                        
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 1 ch, floatle, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->192000)                                                                        
Selected audio codec: [ffaac] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))                                                            
AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 1ch floatle (4 bytes per sample)                                                                                    
Starting playback...                                                                                                                    
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.                                                                            
VO: [xv] 1280x720 => 1280x720 Planar YV12  [zoom]                                                                                        
A:  73.4 V:  74.2 A-V: -0.797 ct: -5.783 2162/2162 12%  1%  2.0% 638 0

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval