Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo2 power board

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me after my unfortunate crash that has damaged the cgo2 power board. Unfortunately the plug that goes to the top board from the bird has come away. Is there anywhere in the UK that might be able to help get this sorted? I can’t find any replacement boards anywhere and I can only find a replacement cgo2 from eBay at £180.

Which side pulled off? The left side is the power, and there is only one connector. The right side is the pitch control signal, and the board has two spares if you yank off the first one.
See connectors "J" (power) and "D, E, F" (control signal) on the attached drawing:
CG02 Harness to Camera Wiring R9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7cyclops
It is D that has come off, the control one. I tried plugging straight into E or F and it did the same thing. It beeps and flashes red which I’m not sure what that means.

Probably means something crossed when it ripped out. The board may be beyond repair. Can't tell without having it in hand. The pattern of the beep code might tell us something, but it will probably have to go for repair.
You can contact Yuneec UK to see if they can still help with CG02.
CONTACT US

CGo3 will also work but requires a pigtail cable if your Q500 is not a 4K.

It sounds like 3 short beeps, I’ll try Yuneec uk and see what they say, otherwise it’s hand in pocket for the cgo3 and cable.

The PWM (tilt) input is connected to processor via 1kOhm resistor. You can measure if there is that connection still present:
- solder pad to resistor (a)
- resistor = 1kOhm between (a) and (b).
IMG_2861A.png
I would try to solder the two wires direct to the solder pads from the former connector.

br HE

Thanks h-elsner, I’ll give that a shot and see what happens. Got my fingers crossed that’s all it is that needs doing.

This might get confusing, but you may need to know it to ensure the correct wires are using the correct drone-side pin connections.

The drawing provided by @h-elsner shows the connector ground pad. That is correct and accurate. The confusion comes that the WIRE associated with that pad is NOT connected to ground in the Q500. It is connected to an empty pin on the drone end. (On the board, it is connected by board tracing to the actual ground wire on the other side of the board.)

The pin position and names on these two drawing sets have always been correct. However, the pin numbers on the drone side were edited today to make the pin numbers consistent between the CGo2 drawing and the Q500 drawings.
CG02 Harness to Camera Wiring R9.jpg Outside Front Rev 1.jpg

Sorry for making this confusing but wanted to ensure that if you did happen to notice the anomaly you would not try to connect the wire related to the connector ground directly to the actual drone ground. Or think it was a possible source of the problem.
The attached PDF document also shows the drone connections on the inside of the drone shell to further clarify confuse the issue.

This last image is just an example of a CG02 that has lost its "D" connector and is running normally on the "E":
IMG_2109-2.JPG

Attachments

• Q500 Internal Camera Wiring Rev 1.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
This open wire to pin3 of the Q500 connector is connected to ground at the controller board. It may be open on the Q500 side but it is twisted to the PWM signal wire. This gives the signal wire a proper impedance and makes it possible to carry signals in higher frequencies with simple wires (twisted pair).
I don't know whether it is really necessary to carry the ground or not, but it can't do any harm.

By the way, all those twisted wires used in drones (i.e. to nGPS module but also others) are not only for good looking but makes sense for good signal quality.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on this. I’ve contacted Yuneec UK and they’ve got back to me to tell me that they can’t swap boards as they’re programmed to the camera and gimbal. It’s time to break out the soldering iron I think.

@WTFDproject how did you get everything working using the E connector? Did you have to reroute a cable or 2

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on this. I’ve contacted Yuneec UK and they’ve got back to me to tell me that they can’t swap boards as they’re programmed to the camera and gimbal. It’s time to break out the soldering iron I think.

@WTFDproject how did you get everything working using the E connector? Did you have to reroute a cable or 2
No. They just work as they are. The fact that yours does not work strongly implies there is other damage to the board. If the board does not work after reconnecting the wires, it may be a lost cause.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It beeps and flashes red which I’m not sure what that means.
Great, I think a full tear down is going to be in order now to check other areas.
If the beeps are in a "High/Low followed by three short" pattern, it is probably reporting a camera IMU problem. Damage to the wires or IMU connector on the board would be a good place to look. See connector "G" on the newly revised drawing below:
CG02 Harness to Camera Wiring R9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold