Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 App

Reaction score
This app will work in single or team mode . It is just a wifi connection. No idea at what distance however. On the phone/tablet so to wifi look for the CGO3 link. Press connect enter password (which I am not going to mention best obtained byforum members from Yuneec) when it connects go to the app. Click on the camera and you are in. You can record,turn on the sound, alter the camera setting, change the WB and go in to manual control. The ST 16 registers the camera going on and off dynamically. The other settings you have to open and close the routines to see what changes you have done. There is a snag but not wise to mention it here. It does not affect the smooth operation however.

This app will work in single or team mode . It is just a wifi connection. No idea at what distance however. On the phone/tablet so to wifi look for the CGO3 link. Press connect enter password (which I am not going to mention best obtained byforum members from Yuneec) when it connects go to the app. Click on the camera and you are in. You can record,turn on the sound, alter the camera setting, change the WB and go in to manual control. The ST 16 registers the camera going on and off dynamically. The other settings you have to open and close the routines to see what changes you have done. There is a snag but not wise to mention it here. It does not affect the smooth operation however.
265'

To many secrets ! LOL, is it the 1234567890 one, no one will hack your 16 ! LOL, and Yuneec does not open for 2 hours in my zone! and I am about to try it!;)

Well you have said it now. There is a reason why passwords should be discrete to a device. I will say no more. Strangely on my old Samsung phone the WIFI signal is clearly picked up as CGO3 for me to connect to. On my latest Samsung model the Galaxy Core it does not show up at all. Strange!

It has been spread all over this forum many a times in the past! That's how I knew it, It is a code, more than a password and it is the same one we all use, not like it is a personal password for a personal phone! it is the same for us all globally, so not much of a secret my friend!:rolleyes:

I see that I have to spell it out. You are flying your Typhoon I am standing behind you. I connect to your Typhoon using the non discrete code. And unless you are watching I can switch on and off your video alter the settings which you are powerless to stop. ERGO because there is no discrete password. Cannot affect the flight of course but irresponsible people and we know all about them on this forum could have a field day. I will contact Yuneec UK and quiz them on this fact. Very unlikely but a discrete code would be better.

You really thinks someone would do that? I know how to spell quite well , thank you !. No body is going to stand behind you and connect via pass code and disrupt your precious video's, come on now! What are you thinking my friend ! It's not a bank account it's a video feed for a drone! If it was such a risk, why did Yuneec post it all over the web ? Paranoia strikess again !

Reactions: Grimsin
I think my way of putting it was wrong I was not at all criticizing your spelling. i would be the last person to make such a criticism. It was just that i was surprised that i could interrupt another connection on a remote device. I remember on the Phantom there was a discrete log in that prevented such a connection. This app controlled the complete Phantom so needed to be more secure. I agree with what you say about my paranoia the chance of it happening is probably never. You post a lot here accept my apology if you thought I was deriding you in any way.

Reactions: DroneClone
I think my way of putting it was wrong I was not at all criticizing your spelling. i would be the last person to make such a criticism. It was just that i was surprised that i could interrupt another connection on a remote device. I remember on the Phantom there was a discrete log in that prevented such a connection. This app controlled the complete Phantom so needed to be more secure. I agree with what you say about my paranoia the chance of it happening is probably never. You post a lot here accept my apology if you thought I was deriding you in any way.
yuneec53, Never need to apologize to me ever, you are a good friend and poster that has been here from day one with a lot of us, and I have learned much from your contributions ! Forgive me ! if I seemed to come on strong also, as I was just curious how or why someone would want to access my ST16, but you are correct ! It could happen, and therefore should allow us to have our "own" personal password!. Thanks for sharing this!, and Fly Safely My Friend!

At the moment no. And no control of the H is involved so that lies safely in the hands of the owner. And it is a very unlikely occurrence.

Do you think the app will allow you to use an ipad (or other device) as an external monitor for a bystander when filming? Or will the simultaneous use of both ST16 and CGO3 app cause problems for the video feed of the pilot which will make him unable to rely on it for getting the shots? I'm looking for a solution to have 2 screens (pilot+bystander) without having to spend a lot of money for a battery powered hdmi monitor.

Do you think the app will allow you to use an ipad (or other device) as an external monitor for a bystander when filming? Or will the simultaneous use of both ST16 and CGO3 app cause problems for the video feed of the pilot which will make him unable to rely on it for getting the shots? I'm looking for a solution to have 2 screens (pilot+bystander) without having to spend a lot of money for a battery powered hdmi monitor.
Yes you can use it as a Directors screen. Just connect your ipad/phone using the WiFi system on it. The device should see it as CG03 click to connect when asked enter the password and your device is connected to the CAMERA ON THE TYPHOON H ONLY. From then on the Director or other person can see what the pilot can see on the ST16. Maybe more than one IPAD could connect to it at the same time. No reason why not. Certainly more convenient that an HDMI cable connection. It does not affect the video feed.

Reactions: WardG
Is there a way to change this password?

There is a wireless.conf file on the SD Card which contains the wifi key. That might work but I would be extremely cautious and as someone else mentioned the control of the craft is over another link so little damage can be done if someone did connect to your CG03 unless you leave it on in the bedroom of course!

Reactions: yuneec53
You all are going to love this!!! I know where your Camera Bind password can be changed and NO FLASHING is required. Use a text editor and open the file "wireless.conf" within the "MISC" folder on the SD card itself. The file contains the following:

#####configuration file ########################################### WPA Passphrase (8 ~ 63 characters)AP_PASSWD=1234567890

End of the file.

So, a minimum of 8 characters to 63.

I changed it and it becomes persistent if you use the same SD. I have changed the passphrase on all my SD cards.

Since it is the Wireless AP or Access Point passphrase, anyone and their mother could phreak the silly 10 digits snag your video between the ST controller and the Typhoon.

Warning: I do not know how it will affect the Wizard, but when I do find the need for team mode I will be interested and will augment this information accordingly.
P.S. I have re-posted on the discussions, please pass it along where needed.

Reactions: AussieCate and Tuna
The cgo3 app is for the camera when it is off the drone.it is mainly to view when useing the gimble hand unit. Limited in what you control on the camera only.

Hello guys, I just got my q500 4k. I love it EXCEPT for: dust spec inside my lens that creates a dark spot on every video I have shot AND the CGO3 app will not let me select 1/50 shutter speed. 1/30 and the skips to 1/60. Which is weird because I can select 1/50 shutter on the ST10+.

Hello guys, I just got my q500 4k. I love it EXCEPT for: dust spec inside my lens that creates a dark spot on every video I have shot AND the CGO3 app will not let me select 1/50 shutter speed. 1/30 and the skips to 1/60. Which is weird because I can select 1/50 shutter on the ST10+.
Clean it up with a lens cleaning pen!

Thanks for the quick reply. Did that, the spec is actually in between the lens and the glass element that protects it. Not the removable filter and the spec is not on the outer part.
That's a factory defect, from assembly in a non clean room setting or dirty hands/tools. You will have to send her back and get a new camera, sorry, but seems like the only alternative!

Yes you can use it as a Directors screen. Just connect your ipad/phone using the WiFi system on it. The device should see it as CG03 click to connect when asked enter the password and your device is connected to the CAMERA ON THE TYPHOON H ONLY. From then on the Director or other person can see what the pilot can see on the ST16. Maybe more than one IPAD could connect to it at the same time. No reason why not. Certainly more convenient that an HDMI cable connection. It does not affect the video feed.

I had to use CGO app once connected. Works fine. Actually helped me create new camera tilt parameters across three switch positions. The ST 16 channel settings is starting to make sense. I've now got more camera move flexibility. I've got velocity mode working way more responsive and stopped pointing so high where motor arms get in shot. The expo curve editing is pretty sweet. Might attack how the pan knob speed behaves next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Wow
Reactions: AussieCate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval