Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3 - can I turn the camera ON without top board ?

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I got cgo3 that has a shot top board ( guess this board is mainly buck converter and gimbal motor driver)
My question is can i turn on bottom boards( camera,wifi) without the top board ? (as far as I know bottom camera unit uses 5.62 volts)

Last edited:
Never tried it. Might work. The picture in this link might help:
cgo3 gimbal board images - Google Search
HEY WTFD ! Great to hear from ya ! from the picture I assume that the top board does not provide any communication to the camera module at the bottom.... And one more thing - is it true that I cant just simply put on a new top board ? I saw some discussions about how the "boards are all matched" Thanks in advance !

Yes, the CGO3 (+) works with 5V supply.

I have connected the +5v pin of the (unused) micro USB port with the 5V from the cam and have now a 4K WebCam that can be used with a standard micro USB power supply cable.

The cam needs up to 2A depending on video processing (processor load of the Amnarella S2E chip). Thus, you need a good power adapter with a goof cable.

Cam_standalone02.jpg
CGO3-WiFi01a.jpg

br HE

Reactions: Shobos
HEY WTFD ! Great to hear from ya ! from the picture I assume that the top board does not provide any communication to the camera module at the bottom.... And one more thing - is it true that I cant just simply put on a new top board ? I saw some discussions about how the "boards are all matched" Thanks in advance !

There is no communication between the top and bottom other than the power. That much is good.

But no, you cannot swap out the gimbal board. The new one will have to be calibrated at a service center to match your gimbals sensors. In the US, the cost of a new board, and the cost of service is about the same as a used camera, and it is not guaranteed other issues do not exist. Many opt to simply replace the camera, and keep the old one for spare parts.

There is no communication between the top and bottom other than the power. That much is good.

But no, you cannot swap out the gimbal board. The new one will have to be calibrated at a service center to match your gimbals sensors. In the US, the cost of a new board, and the cost of service is about the same as a used camera, and it is not guaranteed other issues do not exist. Many opt to simply replace the camera, and keep the old one for spare parts.
thats a real bummer. I tried connecting 5v to the camera, it starts initializing, fan turns on but the leds go into green, red loop...

Did you disconnect camera power from the board and power the camera from a different power supply? And did you power both of the 5.6v connections, and a ground?

Yes, the CGO3 (+) works with 5V supply.

I have connected the +5v pin of the (unused) micro USB port with the 5V from the cam and have now a 4K WebCam that can be used with a standard micro USB power supply cable.

The cam needs up to 2A depending on video processing (processor load of the Amnarella S2E chip). Thus, you need a good power adapter with a goof cable.

View attachment 17943
View attachment 17944

br HE
I wish I had such success lol. Do You have any idea what are those 2 little sensor type things on the front of the top board (they appear to be connected to UART connector) ? they are round and very small.

Not sure which things. Can you use this picture to show what you mean?

View attachment 17949
There appears to be 2 small round bronze sensors or microphones pointing forward. They both go straight to UART (right next to power connector on the bottom camera pcb) connector on the bottom gimbal board. Really not sure what those 2 things are and if its the reason camera is not showing in st10.

Attachments

• IMG_20190807_000425.jpg
    IMG_20190807_000425.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
There appears to be 2 small round bronze sensors or microphones pointing forward. They both go straight to UART (right next to power connector on the bottom camera pcb) connector on the bottom gimbal board. Really not sure what those 2 things are and if its the reason camera is not showing in st10.
Nevermind. I found the problem. The camera had crashed and previous owner had been soldering wires back. He screwed something up bigtime and this is the result... Was cheap tho. Anyways guys thanks for help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190807_001850.jpg
    IMG_20190807_001850.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Those two things are the microphones (left/right):
Cam_standalone05.jpg

The burnt part is a SE5023L, 5GHz power amplifier. You need a new WiFi board. It is interchangeable. Possibly from a defect cam/gimbal that should be easy to get.

br HE

Those two things are the microphones (left/right):
View attachment 17975

The burnt part is a SE5023L, 5GHz power amplifier. You need a new WiFi board. It is interchangeable. Possibly from a defect cam/gimbal that should be easy to get.

br HE
Thanks man! But its pretty hard to come by these boards or broken cameras on ebay here in europe...

If you send me your address as PN I will send you a WiFi Board from a CGO3+. It should work with CGO3 too because they are the same.

br HE
Thank You I REALLY appreciate it but I already tossed out most of the camera ( the top gimbal motor board was fried too) previous owner did some crazy wiring to camera and fried all boards lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval