Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ issue

CSI

Reaction score
My H was boxed up and put away for a few months. My CGO3+ was mounted to it, but not being held in place with a camera lock. The box was only moved a couple of times however, and was done gently, so I don't feel that it suffered any damage from rough treatment.

Took it out tonite to shoot some photos of the sunset. Despite removing and re-installing the camera, as well as re-booting both the H as well as the ST, this is all it will do:

It will not respond to commands from the ST at all, and continues to emit that high pitched series of beeps.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is all we can see:
Now.JPG

In the meantime;
The beeps will be in a specific pattern of long beeps, followed by short beeps, and then repeat. Take a look at the "Beep Codes" section of this drawing and see if any match what you hear.
cgo3+ Gimbal Board Connections5.jpg

Last edited:
This could be a problem with serial connection Tx, Rx/PWM. In best case, clean the contacts on drone and on contact plate of the CGO3+. Look if all contacts are at the same level and can be moved down a little bit.
If this did not help, have a look on the wired to the slip ring.

The worst case is a defect in Gimbal HW.

br HE

It will not respond to commands from the ST at all, and continues to emit that high pitched series of beeps.
Any help would be appreciated.
As mentioned by @h-elsner above, this could be a problem with the gimbal board itself.
However, the specific beep code and behavior of the camera suggest this is a failure to initialize due to an error associated with the "roll encoder".
The roll encoder itself is under the "Yuneec" label and wire cover at the rear of the camera. Most common encoder failures include broken wires, scrapped wires shorting against the frame or each other, failed solder joint at the encoder, corrosion at the connector plug on the gimbal board end, or wire pins pulled out of the connector on the gimbal board. Rarely (but it happens) the sensor itself goes bad.

Edit: Added draft document.
Edit: Cleaned up draft document and added to Way To Fix Drones project as new Attachment 13 (CGo3+ Roll Encoder Replacement).

Attachments

• Attachment 13.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Finally heard back from carolinadronz. Main board in camera is defective. Their suggestion? But a new camera, as repair parts are unavailable.

After reading my posts here, another board member volunteered his repair services. I had Carolinadronz ship the camera to him, and he had it repaired within 2 hours of receiving it.

• Love
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval