Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ not binding unless a fight

Reaction score
Funny, I keep having this issue.

This CGO3+ that came with the replacement Typhoon H doesn't like to bind.

I restart controller and bird several times, switch to bind mode, flip back and forth in setup etc, and only after repeated attempts (frustrating 5-10 minutes each time) do I get the camera to show up in the bind list, I bind, and then it's fine, until I shut down the ST16. So I can fly several batteries, or power down/up as much as I want once it is bound, but if I turn off the controller, I have to do the whole dance again.

I checked it with my spare ST16, but it does the same thing. That ST16 came from the H I threw in the drink, and I never had this problem with it. (To let you know, I like to start the bird THEN the ST16 as it binds faster)

But this is weird.

Any suggestions?

Funny, I keep having this issue.

This CGO3+ that came with the replacement Typhoon H doesn't like to bind.

I restart controller and bird several times, switch to bind mode, flip back and forth in setup etc, and only after repeated attempts (frustrating 5-10 minutes each time) do I get the camera to show up in the bind list, I bind, and then it's fine, until I shut down the ST16. So I can fly several batteries, or power down/up as much as I want once it is bound, but if I turn off the controller, I have to do the whole dance again.

I checked it with my spare ST16, but it does the same thing. That ST16 came from the H I threw in the drink, and I never had this problem with it. (To let you know, I like to start the bird THEN the ST16 as it binds faster)

But this is weird.

Any suggestions?
I would create a new model and start the binding process from scratch. Follow this video exactly and see if that corrects the issue. Also check to see that the ST16 and the H have the latest firmware. I seem to recall the later firmware improved the binding process. When you finish try turning on the ST16 first or at least the same time as the H.

After futzing around with this for a little bit tonight, I "think" I have determined that a slightly corrupted card was the deep seeded sneaky issue that cause the binding problem. HUH??? (if you are reading this in the future, I am referring to this: Fantastic Flights ... no footage (corrupt card!) )

After replacing the dead card, I put in the Samsung, and the binding happens as it always had before. Three times in a row, from complete power down, so far.

I might go out again tomorrow, if the weather holds. I'll report back.

Reactions: Steve Carr
After futzing around with this for a little bit tonight, I "think" I have determined that a slightly corrupted card was the deep seeded sneaky issue that cause the binding problem. HUH??? (if you are reading this in the future, I am referring to this: Fantastic Flights ... no footage (corrupt card!) )

After replacing the dead card, I put in the Samsung, and the binding happens as it always had before. Three times in a row, from complete power down, so far.

I might go out again tomorrow, if the weather holds. I'll report back.
Ah ha.....yup. A bad card will mess with the process. Good find. :):):)

It was only happenstance I found it! Hope it stays working! Seems illogical though ... but I guess it is a SYSTEM, and all parts must work together, or none will be happy.

Someone need to tell that to the guv'mint.

It was only happenstance I found it! Hope it stays working! Seems illogical though ... but I guess it is a SYSTEM, and all parts must work together, or none will be happy.

Someone need to tell that to the guv'mint.
Agree with all.

I just checked again ... it binds and is ready to fly in moments with the working SD card ... I do like having my biggest delay between decision to fly and actual launch being the time it takes me to snap on the props.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hmmm......you're scare'n me here Miz. If you're putting the props on while the H is booting you might mess up the gyro/accelerometers. At least wait a minute until they have a chance to finish stabilizing before putting on the props.

I've considered that, and usually start the bird, switch on the controller, then grab my props bag and start adding them ... .. but, also, consider, I boot this thing up on a boat ... there is no flat/level/stable on a boat ... ever. And have had no issues. In fact, once or twice (on land) I did tests .. gently shaking the H while booting up, and flew just fine. But again, usually, there is enough of a delay for me to allow it to boot up without interference.

The worst problem I've had was, (and get this) magnetic interference, +/- 20 degrees due to local magnetic deviation due to deposits .. apparent on aviation maps! (in retrospect). Both with the Inspire1 and Typhoon H .. they acted funny and I noticed immediately, landing and doing compass cal, and all is good (until I go to new location)

I've considered that, and usually start the bird, switch on the controller, then grab my props bag and start adding them ... .. but, also, consider, I boot this thing up on a boat ... there is no flat/level/stable on a boat ... ever. And have had no issues. In fact, once or twice (on land) I did tests .. gently shaking the H while booting up, and flew just fine. But again, usually, there is enough of a delay for me to allow it to boot up without interference.

The worst problem I've had was, (and get this) magnetic interference, +/- 20 degrees due to local magnetic deviation due to deposits .. apparent on aviation maps! (in retrospect). Both with the Inspire1 and Typhoon H .. they acted funny and I noticed immediately, landing and doing compass cal, and all is good (until I go to new location)
Most birds like to be absolutely still while booting so I'm surprised it works so well for you. I've see guys boot on unlevel ground and then it wanders around. You must have a good bird here.

Where you're located the magnetic variation is crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal