Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 or CGO3+ installed

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell which version the camera is? I am looking at the EXIF info from DNG files taken with the camera supplied with the H. The EXIF info under Model is CGO3P. The images I have are horrible, lots of noise in ISO's above 400, grainy and unsharp video, looking at images there are about 50 stuck or hot pixels all over the image.

Can someone confirm their EXIF info from a DNG reads as a CGO3P or a CGO3P+.
I am really hoping that I have been sold a CGO3P by mistake as these cameras are using a processor that is mainly used in home security cameras, which may explain the low quality images and video I have.

Reference photos of the CGO3P camera, sensor and processor are here...CGO3 Camera Is just a high priced security camera

Last edited:
Here is a crop from a DNG @ 100% and a second image, resized to fit on windowed on a 1920 x 1080 monitor.

edit...I have adjusted the exposure and black point in this to highlight the bad pixels...

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 02.14.03.png Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 02.14.54.png

Thanks..I was too occupied looking at the poor images to twig the P is for Plus.
This isn't bad pixels. It's what happens with almost any digital image when shadow areas are lightened in post processing. You need to remember the sensor on this camera isn't as big as most point and shoots. This problem is less obvious in a full frame DSLR, but you can still find shadow noise.

Reactions: Brent D
Those white/blue specs are unfortunately common in these tiny camera sensors. DJI has software modules for popular photo processing software to hunt them down and remove them. Yuneec may come out with something similar in future.

Reactions: banned user
Those white/blue specs are unfortunately common in these tiny camera sensors. DJI has software modules for popular photo processing software to hunt them down and remove them. Yuneec may come out with something similar in future.
It would be nice if they did, I have done this before for a nikon d70 years ago, created a pixel map of a few bad pixels in the sensor but this is way beyond this, I said at first there are about 50 bad pixels, trying to do a quick count it's a lot more, I believe I have a bad sensor I'll be running this by my sales rep tomorrow and hoping for a replacement. Knowing the good nature of Yuneec I'm not worried at all about getting this sorted.

This isn't bad pixels. It's what happens with almost any digital image when shadow areas are lightened in post processing. You need to remember the sensor on this camera isn't as big as most point and shoots. This problem is less obvious in a full frame DSLR, but you can still find shadow noise.
These are bad pixels...they are "stuck" pixels meaning that they are always powered on resulting in the same colour in the same place in ever image. It's different to noise from pushing the ISO in dark areas. I would try a method of fix that takes a hour or so of video recording each time and may take several attempts to "fix" some, but given the lack of sharpness in my video compared to some examples of footage from the CGO3P I wont go through the hassle on two batteries of hours and hours of charging and recording to still have an unsharp video. I will look for an exchange camera and hope that one is the same quality of some of the demo videos I have seen.

These are bad pixels...they are "stuck" pixels meaning that they are always powered on resulting in the same colour in the same place in ever image. It's different to noise from pushing the ISO in dark areas. I would try a method of fix that takes a hour or so of video recording each time and may take several attempts to "fix" some, but given the lack of sharpness in my video compared to some examples of footage from the CGO3P I wont go through the hassle on two batteries of hours and hours of charging and recording to still have an unsharp video. I will look for an exchange camera and hope that one is the same quality of some of the demo videos I have seen.
Let us know if Yuneec will just send you a replacement camera. Much quicker than having you send your entire bird to them.

Reactions: banned user
Let us know if Yuneec will just send you a replacement camera. Much quicker than having you send your entire bird to them.
Will do of course...

If anyone from Yuneec is reading this....could you please get your camera programmers to write more EXIF info into the photos...obviously GPS tagging would be great for mapping applications, but I understand this may not be possible without an external app to sync the ST16 flight logs to each image, but even the date in all my images is not set, and reads as 01-01-1970.

Also if it is the S2 processor or a variant of it is used, similar to the CGO3 http://www.ambarella.com/uploads/docs/S2 IPCam Product Brief.pdf, it appears that there is a defective pixel correction function available...maybe the camera team could look at a way to implement this...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval