Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cgo3 out of focus only on left side of images

Reaction score
Cannot find the post anymore, I read and saw that someone has corrected an one sided out of focus deal on the cgo3+ using double sided tape I believe it was.
Can anyone point me to that thread / solution?

thanks

I don't remember a post using that method. If it's out of focus on one side, either the lens is bad or the lens barrel is not flat on the sensor board. It might be better to change the lens with a better one. I would suggest contacting copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts to get their recommendation on the best approach for you in Spain.

Thanks Steve, will contact them and ask for advice.
The lens is a PixAero, I just replaced the old glued one and I remember someone posted about how you could put some tape between the lens mount and the sensor to change the angle of the lens towards the sensor

Thanks Steve, will contact them and ask for advice.
The lens is a PixAero, I just replaced the old glued one and I remember someone posted about how you could put some tape between the lens mount and the sensor to change the angle of the lens towards the sensor
I previously saw a post which showed that the bottom of the new lens barrel may not be flat so it will "rock" on the sensor. The fix was to simply run the bottom of the barrel across some fine sand paper on a flat surface. That may be the case for yours if you replaced the lens barrel with the lens.

The barrel was clean, it was the one that came with the new lens but the plate it mounts to was messy of glue or silicon or something like that.
And really only on one side of the plate. Hopefully I got it now but it is too dark now to check ;)

Reactions: Steve Carr
To be clear regarding the lens barrel base..........many of them were not perfectly flat and could cause the barrel to sit at an angle when the screws were tightened down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio