Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Upgrade Share

Reaction score
My wife and I recently picked up an new CGO3+ from an auction on eBay for a decent price with the intention to upgrade the lens and to use the original CGO3+ as a spare.

The lens we chose is the 3.77 mm from Carolina Dronz, which I believe to be a Pixaero made for CD.

The stock lens was a non threaded version, so it was necessary to change out the base on the sensor board. Kudos and many thanks to Richard Gilmore for an excellent YouTube tutorial on this process.

The lens swap with focusing took me all of thirty minutes and I had never attempted anything similar before. The lock ring feature of the CD lens is slick and aids in a quick install. CD also offers install service at a reasonable price if you're not comfortable trying it yourself.

The results of this upgrade are nothing short of stunning and I highly recommend it.

The lens swap with focusing took me all of thirty minutes and I had never attempted anything similar before.
30 minutes. Wow. That's astounding. I think the video is longer than that. @RGilmore will be pleased to know the video was helpful. I have the same lens but haven't installed it yet. So now we need a comparison video. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvwritingservices