Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ wont connect

Reaction score
Good Afternoon

I bought my TH in May and up until now, I have had no issues with it.

It sat for a few weeks over the winter, as in my area is is super cold... I went to fly yesterday as it was a nicer day.

I can not bind the camera to the st16+ I have done this several other times with the connection taking place. Now, I can not. I followed all the instructions, looked on youtube, sent an email to customer service...

Any tricks that anyone can offer? The camera is not limp, and has power to it. I noticed that the SD card is not coming up, so that might be a clue. There is the flashing green light on the camera... but I dont recall if that was solid when it worked...

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Chris

Thanks for your help, I have watched both of the videos, and have done exactly what he says.

I have tried that exact binding process.

I have selected the CGO3 camera, ( I know its the pro) Then I selected the pro. It says its connected. I try the exact binding process I can connect to the bird no problems, however the camera never shows up. I know it has power as its not limp. The ST16+ no camera was binded... There is no camera showing up ....

errr.... Any other options

Check That, as I try to bind I have blinking RED light no blinking orange or Yellow.... Whats that mean?

Have you removed and reinstalled the camera?
If so, try to put the ST16 in team mode and then see if you can bind the camera.

Reactions: cpollmann
Hi Steve, I have removed the camera, used a pencil eraser to clean the contact point, re installed, so change, still wont find the camera.

I have not tried the team mode suggestion, yet.

I called Yuneec today, just to find out there is a wait time of 68 minutes....

so I wait.

:(

Last edited:
They close at 4 PM Pacific time so you may not talk to them today. What you want to do in call at 8:05 AM Pacific time tomorrow, to minimize the wait time or get a callback option. You'll have to adjust the call time to where you are located, of course.

If your phone is dual wifi enabled, open the wifi settings and see if the CGO3 shows in the list of available wifi's.

Thanks for your help, I have watched both of the videos, and have done exactly what he says.

I have tried that exact binding process.

I have selected the CGO3 camera, ( I know its the pro) Then I selected the pro. It says its connected. I try the exact binding process I can connect to the bird no problems, however the camera never shows up. I know it has power as its not limp. The ST16+ no camera was binded... There is no camera showing up ....

errr.... Any other options

Do you know how to make a 2nd profile? if not here is how to do it, press and hold the existing h profile and then hit copy, then rename it something else like h2 profile then rebind in the new profile. i had a issue like yours when i 1st got my "h" and it worked for me , there is a you tube video on how to do it you need to see it., let me know how it turns out

good luck

Ray

Good News Fellas,

The nice people at Yuneec called me back, before I left for Valentines day dinner with the wife.

We did a few things and now it is working.

Basically, what he told me to do is go into settings, and do the backup/restore basically and start over. Went thru the binding process again, I still have the issue of the RED flashing light in back (he mentioned perhaps there is a bulb out thats why I never saw a yellow/orange light....) But as soon as I tried to bind it I saw the camera appear first, tapped refresh and the bird showed up. Good news, I went back to the home screen and saw my ugly mug on the ST16+. So yea it works... I binded (bound) everything.

I didnt fly it as my wife was hungry, and you all know that happy wives equal happy lives. :)

Im happy!

Thanks for every ones suggestions!

Pro tip: If you ever have an issue.... just call them, they were happy to help!!!

I might be having a similar issue. I sent my TH to Carolina Dronz, to have them install the external antennas (I'll be installing the 4HAWKS Raptor, myself, once I receive everything back) on the H, and to replace & focus the CGO3+'s lens with something better than the stock Yuneec lens. Before shipping it, everything was working. Since purchasing the H, I've had no noticeable problems. The closest I could consider as a "problem" was that I lost video feed when the H was approximately 1/2 mile away, and hidden (ie.no longer visible) behind a large hill. Prior to going behind the hill, H & CGO3+ strength were both quite good, but about 15 seconds after the H was hidden behind the hill, I lost video feed..then, about 15 seconds after that, I lost connection to the H. To me, this was nothing more than a "lost connection, due to distance" matter.

Anyway, after Carolina Dronz had installed the external antennas, according to what I've been told, they got to work on the CGO3+. according to what I've been told, the camera would not connect. I do not know if this was before disassembling the camera, after disassembling & before replacing the lens, or after the replacement lens was installed. The initial email I received about this was as follows:

"We have the external antenna kit installed on your unit. The technician is working on the lens installation however he noted that there are issues with your camera connection. Yuneec has advised that it sounds like the WIFI board needs to be replace. Do you have any input on this?"

I responded by informing them I had mentioned this to someone in Ireland (I'm in the US), that he had said he knew who the tech was, and that he'd call him to provide additional troubleshooting & advise. The reply I received back was as follows:

"I'm still waiting for some direction from Yuneec. I see the WIFI board for $29.99 on their website but I want to make sure that it's programmed before we move in that direction. Yuneec did instruct our tech on how to reset the board and that was unsuccessful.....it looks like the WIFI board will need to be replaced."

Regarding the person from Ireland, he messaged me the following:

"Well not god news I'm afraid. Camera is fuc!^%. There was no WIFI connection and no red/green light. He attempted to do a reset with the camera w/o success. He attempted internal investigation and found nothing. Sometimes a loose connection between the 5.8GHz cloverleaf antenna and the transmitters main board will eventually burn out the transmitter. It's not a loose connector but could be a bad solder joint. No antenna, no resistance, and you immediately have burn out. With a loose connection or a cracked soldering joint it will happen over a period of time. It's not a problem with the camera or gimbal. It's a problem with the 5.8GHz WIFI transmitter in the camera. There is power to everything but "no lights on" for the transmitter. The problem is that the transmitter is behind the camera and inaccessible. It's a pain in the arse to get at it, and a pain in the arse to change it. Then the gimbal will need a reflash and reboot. Not possible unless Yuneec do it at their repair centre. The WIFI board is also not available as a spare part. It's only available "in house" at a Yuneec repair centre. It's definitely a preexisting problem. There is really no way to damage the WIFI board doing a lens swap. It's also impossible to dislodge the cloverleaf antenna's connection even if you yank on it because it's sandwiched between two boards. I've seen loose connections and cracked solder joints. Yuneec Germany replace them straight away if there's no sign of external damage. I don't know if Yuneec USA will do that. To dislodge the WIFI antenna by yanking on it is near impossible...they sandwich it between two boards at the back of the camera."

Again, I've never had any problems. The last time I used my H was approximately 1-2 months ago, and, other than that one occurrence of complete signal loss (H & CGO3+), due to distance AND being behind a hill, I had absolutely no problems. Making matters worse, the warranty is expired. Has anyone else experienced any identical, or similar, problems? If so, have you been told the same things I'm being told? If so, can you PLEASE provide any helpful information...the sooner the better, and the more useful the better.

I cant really speak to what has developed with your H. I can say that a total reset might be a wise choice... Save everything thats on your ST16+ Controller. when you do a reset, everything is lost.

I can also say I called the customer service and the person who helped me was nice and got the job done.

CP

I cant really speak to what has developed with your H. I can say that a total reset might be a wise choice... Save everything thats on your ST16+ Controller. when you do a reset, everything is lost.

I can also say I called the customer service and the person who helped me was nice and got the job done.

CP

While your suggestion is greatly appreciated, and might possibly be of some help if everything werecurrently in my possession, such is currently not the case. If you read my post in its entirety, you'd know that Carolina Dronz is currently in possession of my TH, including the CGO3+, while my ST16 is at home, awaiting the drone's return. Now, they could possibly try a full reset using one of their SR16s, but, based on what I was told (which also appears in my post), it sounds like that's what that may have already tried. I'l going to call them tomorrow (3/1) to get more specific information as to what they've done...if they haven't tried a full reset, I'll suggest, but if they did, then what?

Whenever I've had a connection problem that isn't fixed by creating a new model, I check the signal from the camera with a wifi analyzer app on my phone. It will clearly show the signal and strength if it's there at all. I presume that CD has done all the testing needed to determine the problem. It would be strange to have a tech who hasn't seen the same problem before.
Q500 Camera Wifi.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval