Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo4 gimbal doesn't respond to st24 commands

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I've bought a "new" h920 (not the plus) with st24 and cgo4 with proaction directly from yuneec europe a few days ago for a very interesting price (I live in Italy).
Everything works perfectly, except the cgo4: gimbal doesn' move in any direction using the st24.
When I turn on the drone, cgo4 sets itself moving down, around, etc and it works fine if I put it on the proaction.
But nothing to do using st24 (zoom works, start video commands work, everything works, but not the gimbal commands).
The st24 firmware istalled is the b95, hardware monitor seems ok.
Here You have a 1 minute video description...
Any ideas, before opening a RMA?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Might try reseating the CGO4 plug into the H920 and rebinding the CGO4 with the ST24. I believe the gimbal control commands go through that plug and not the 5.8 GHz WiFi link.

Thanks for your answer, Seabee.
I've already tried, many times, without any effect... Yes, gimbal commands go through the plug, I'm quite sure, too. Anyway: Yuneec has sent to me an email and suspetcs a problem with flight controller...
A bit difficult to agree with this hypothesys... h920 flies perfectly...
Techs have seen the video and are thinking on a bit, before opening an rma...
As a last effort, I would like to check the h920 firmware istalled and try to upgrade it, if necessary, but I don't know how to do: no way to connect to a pc, to find an app for doing this... there is an usb port connection, but if you plug tve drone through it nothing happens... or maybe I'm not able to do this...

Yuneec USA told me that the Q500 GUI would connect with the H920 but I was unsuccessful in my attempt.
I am using a ST24 with b90 to control a GB603 gimbal mounted on a H920PLUS using team mode with a ST16 to control the H920PLUS. It usually functions normally but sometimes requires a reconnect to obtain proper operation.
FYI I find that the H920Plus is much more stable in flight (especially altitude) than the H920. The H920 tends to move vertically a few feet without any control input. The H920Plus and the H920 certainly have different flight control hardware and software. The H920 has separate IMU and Flight control (FC0) units while the H920Plus has both functions in the FC0 unit.
Also the CGO4 camera/gimbal for the H920Plus and H920 have different firmware and software and are not interchangeable. The knowledge and equipment to make this conversion appears to have been lost here in the USA. Maybe it still exists in the UK.

Thanks again for these precious info.
Very helpful to understand in depth some details. I love this drone, the way it flights and it doesn't mind if it is a very old one, technologically.
I had wanted to take it for a long time, but it was too expensive. Now I finally own it and... it does not work properly... Let's hope yuneec will solve this trouble asap.

Last edited:
Thanks again for these precious info.
Very helpful to understand in depth some details. I love this drone, the way it flights and it doesn't mind if it is a very old one, technologically.
I had wanted to take it for a long time, but it was too expensive. Now I finally own it and... it does not work properly... Let's hope yuneec will solve this trouble asap.

I think you should get an ST16 controller. I have an H920 with ST24 and an H920 Plus with an ST16, and they are not interchangeable. If I try to contrrol the H920 Plus with the ST24 I meet exactly the same problem as yours. H920 with ST16 is even worse. And I don't think that Yuneec would do anything with this problem. it is an old model...

Good suggestion, Peta!
So, if you try to use the Plus model with st24, you succeed in flying but you cannot use the gimbal? Did I understand correctly?
Anyway, I own a Typhoon H with its st16, too...
This night I'll try to bind the h920 and/or the cgo4 using st16 and see what happens...
I hadn't thought of it, before!
To be honest, the h920 flies perfectly with its st24, and I know the h920 and h920+ are not interchangeable, because of their different receivers on board; so I think the drone is a real h920 (not plus).... but I'm now suspecting that cgo4 could be the one for the plus model, so it could need the st16 to work fine, or something similar, firmware not updated, who knows...
I bought h920 and cgo4 (with proaction) together in special offer and maybe yuneec could have matched the h920 to a not fully compatible cgo4...
Cgo4 does really work fine on its proaction...
Thanks a lot again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drago IT
I connected the st16 to the h920 and cgo4, I succeeded in binding both of them, but nothing interesting happened, unfortunately.
I mean, I could see through the screen what the cgo4 was filming, I could move successfully the zoom in/out using the display tap command but nothing to do with gimbal...
At this point I'll open an RMA with yuneec, I don't think to have other choices. The drone is under full warranty, they must solve the problem, in a way or another.
Thanks to everyone for help and suggestions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peta
Just a cautionary note. If you disturb the camera in any way during the boot up process you will not have gimbal control. You will have to recycle drone power. Take the lens cover off prior to power up.

Probably not the issue here but a fair warning for others.

Reactions: Massimo2000
I too bought a H920 at Yuneec Europe (about 8 months ago) and am experiencing similar issues. First my ST24 needed to be replaced as it had an old firmware that couldn't be updated. I could't get even a live video stream.

Now that the ST24 has been replaced, the video link is working but I can't get the gimbal fully operational. I can tilt the camera but I can't rotate it.

When I try to bind the H920 I see 2 aircraft model references appearing. Choosing the higher number puts the camera downwards. I do receive video feed and I can zoom in/out, take pictures but I can't tilt nor rotate the camera.
H920Binding.jpg

But choosing the lower number, I can tilt the camera (also take pictures, zoom in/out, and other camera setting) but I can't rotate.

I'm also experiencing (sometimes) strange gimbal behavior when powering on the H920. The gimbal gets out of balance, making odd movements, starts shaking, hanging at an angle. However, this might be the result of selecting the wrong aircraft model reference as I have the impression that the H920 remembers the model bound.

I still have to do more tests to conclude what is causing these problems. After buying the H920 last year and searching for batteries, it has most of the time been sitting under the dust because of lack of time. I hope I can get to the bottom now and fix this issue.

Any hint or feedback is more than welcome ;-)

Thanks, Vincent

Last edited:
@Vinpierke: hi Vincent, your post is the proof that our issues don't depend on hardware problems but on software ones, in my opinion.
I read very carefully almost all the threads in this pilot group but didn't find any solution, so I've desumed that only yuneec can solve, updating this stuff: yuneec europe wrote to me an email suspecting something wrong with fco, last week; at the moment they're still thinking about this (maybe for non sufficient khowledge of this old model) and waiting news from China without calling back the device...
The firmware of my st24 is the b95 (seen in "about" session) and the h920 should have the v1.01 (I can read it on a small paper label near the micro usb port). If so, I've the latest frmws both in the h920 and in the st24, and at this point maybe cgo4 is the object not fully compatible with the others...
We'll see...

Hello all. A litte later to this, I just bought a 920 in the same sale from Yuneec Europe, and am having a lot of issues with the camera gimbal and binding the aircraft to the st24 (it is really erratic, sometimes it finds the UAV and will allow flight, other times it connects to the camera but not the UAV, and other times to neither!). I have emailed Yuneec Europe for some solutions, but it is interesting that some of the problems appear to be coming up with others. I have the same gimbal control problems, with only zoom working from the st24.
I'll keep an eye on this thread but will be interested to hear if things have been resolved. Cheers all

Reactions: Drago IT
Hello all. A litte later to this, I just bought a 920 in the same sale from Yuneec Europe, and am having a lot of issues with the camera gimbal and binding the aircraft to the st24 (it is really erratic, sometimes it finds the UAV and will allow flight, other times it connects to the camera but not the UAV, and other times to neither!). I have emailed Yuneec Europe for some solutions, but it is interesting that some of the problems appear to be coming up with others. I have the same gimbal control problems, with only zoom working from the st24.
I'll keep an eye on this thread but will be interested to hear if things have been resolved. Cheers all
The CGO4 has two versions. One is for the H920/ST24 the other is for the H920Plus/ST16. These two versions have different firmware/software and probably some different hardware. They are difficult to differentiate and are NOT interchangeable. If your CGO4 came with a small user manual that refers to the ST16 then it may be configured for the H920PLUS/ST16. If this is the case it will perform erratically with the H920/ST24. Unfortunately the knowledge/equipment to reconfigure these units appears to have been lost at least here in the USA. Maybe Yuneec Europe still has that capability.

I can confirm what "seabee" said If your manual says about how to use the camera with ST16 and not mention ST24 you are out of luck will not work you have the image and that image will be pixelated and not clear as it should and no movements whatsoever.
I've been there. I use now CGO3+ with this adapter Yuneec CGO3+ Mounting Kit For Tornado H920 and H920+ | eBay

@georgero: does this cgo3+ adapter work with h920 (not plus!) and st24?
The connection cable seems to have a different plug... Or am I wrong? Thanks in advance.

The CGO4 has two versions. One is for the H920/ST24 the other is for the H920Plus/ST16. These two versions have different firmware/software and probably some different hardware. They are difficult to differentiate and are NOT interchangeable. If your CGO4 came with a small user manual that refers to the ST16 then it may be configured for the H920PLUS/ST16. If this is the case it will perform erratically with the H920/ST24. Unfortunately the knowledge/equipment to reconfigure these units appears to have been lost at least here in the USA. Maybe Yuneec Europe still has that capability.

@seabee: is there no external difference, I mean externally visible, aesthetic, between the two types of cgo4? Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
@Ritch Grove: Yuneec europe opened an RMA and I sent them my h920 at the beginning of June... but I'm not confident... they wrote an email a few days ago explaining they can't succed in repairing it... at the moment I'm still waiting for news... maybe they will refund the total amount.

EDIT I hope they checked that the cgo4 is the one compatible with the h920 and not the one compatible with the plus ... ?

Last edited:
Hi all

Good to meet you, and thanks for the info. On checking, it seems they have indeed sent me the wrong camera. I too bought my package as a single unit from Yuneec Europe in their sale, as others have done. I actually wanted a H520 so it's a bit infuriating that this has come as a result of a compromise from the start. Never mind, I'll get something sorted. Thanks for the heads up @georgero, I'll look at this. Is it that the camera doesn't mix with the UAV, or the ST24, or both? I was thinking about getting an ST16 as a workaround if it's the latter.

Thanks again everyone!

Hi all

Good to meet you, and thanks for the info. On checking, it seems they have indeed sent me the wrong camera. I too bought my package as a single unit from Yuneec Europe in their sale, as others have done. I actually wanted a H520 so it's a bit infuriating that this has come as a result of a compromise from the start. Never mind, I'll get something sorted. Thanks for the heads up @georgero, I'll look at this. Is it that the camera doesn't mix with the UAV, or the ST24, or both? I was thinking about getting an ST16 as a workaround if it's the latter.

Thanks again everyone!
Unfortunately both. The H920Plus/ST16 and the H920/ST24 have different software/firmware and hardware. The two aircraft have different flight controllers ( FCO) and IMU’s. I have been able to use a H920Plus/ST16 and a ST24 with a GB603/Sony A7RII in team mode. The ST24 controls the GB603 gimbal and the ST16 controls the aircraft, see my post on the H920Plus forum.

Reactions: Ritch Grove
@seabee: is there no external difference, I mean externally visible, aesthetic, between the two types of cgo4? Thanks a lot in advance
Most/some of the H920Plus CGO4 units have external antennas (see attached photo). This is not a definitive check. I have not been able to observe any other physical differences. 72277221-FCE7-40C0-8013-5E068A384985.jpeg

Reactions: Massimo2000

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval