Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET + Steady grip

Reaction score
Hi Flying Brother!

I'm planning to use my CGOET camera on a ground with steady grip, but I'm not sure about it compatibility. Could anyone tell me about it? Maybe here is someone who has experience with such connection?

I had a similar thing in mind.Can I use the steady grip with the C23 camera.
Cheers.

Mike

If your steady grip has a contact plate with the three protruding brass contacts, it might power up a CGOET camera, as well as a C23. If it does power up, it will not tilt though. Some of the older steady grips don't have the contact plate. The steady grips were designed for the CGO3 camera and sold as a set, or included with the Q500 set. Bear in mid that these newer cameras will use quite a bit more power than the CGO3. So if you are able to power it up, you won't have a lot of time to use it.

If your steady grip has a contact plate with the three protruding brass contacts, it might power up a CGOET camera, as well as a C23. If it does power up, it will not tilt though. Some of the older steady grips don't have the contact plate. The steady grips were designed for the CGO3 camera and sold as a set, or included with the Q500 set. Bear in mid that these newer cameras will use quite a bit more power than the CGO3. So if you are able to power it up, you won't have a lot of time to use it.
Thank you for the info. I was hoping that I would have a good little gimbele unit at a reasonable price.
Cheers.
Mike

If your steady grip has a contact plate with the three protruding brass contacts, it might power up a CGOET camera, as well as a C23
Yes this is correct for the CGOET, you need the 3 contacts on the steady grip/action cam for the camera and gimbal to power up. I see no reason why the CGOET camera/gimbal would not work fine because it is approximately the same configuration as the CGO3/+. However I do not think you will be able to use the Smartphone app to view the video or to control the camera functions. You will likely need to use the ST16/S to see the video and set camera functions, and start/stop recording. However you will still not have control over the gimbal, it will only self level, no Tilt/Pan control. Pan control becomes manual which is expected with a hand grip, however Tilt control on the grip may not control the gimbal of the CGOET -it does not control the tilt of the C23. You wont be able to tilt the camera up or down manually because the gimbal will always try to remain level.

The C23 & gimbal is physically too large for a Steady Grip/Action Cam handle. It will engage the mount and power on, but the built-in mushroom antenna interferes with the top of the grip battery compartment and almost totally compresses the dampers when installed and prevents the gimbal from operating freely -actually from operating at all.

Last edited:
Yes this is correct for the CGOET, you need the 3 contacts on the steady grip/action cam for the camera and gimbal to power up. I see no reason why the CGOET camera/gimbal would not work fine because it is approximately the same configuration as the CGO3/+. However I do not think you will be able to use the Smartphone app to view the video or to control the camera functions. You will likely need to use the ST16/S to see the video and set camera functions, and start/stop recording. However you will still not have control over the gimbal, it will only self level, no Tilt/Pan control. Pan control becomes manual which is expected with a hand grip, however Tilt control on the grip may not control the gimbal of the CGOET -it does not control the tilt of the C23. You wont be able to tilt the camera up or down manually because the gimbal will always try to remain level.

The C23 & gimbal is physically too large for a Steady Grip/Action Cam handle. It will engage the mount and power on, but the built-in mushroom antenna interferes with the top of the grip battery compartment and almost totally compresses the dampers when installed and prevents the gimbal from operating freely -actually from operating at all.

Thanks steve for the info. I suppose there's a reason that Yuneec has their prices reduced on these gimbels so?
Cheers..
Mike

I still didn't get a clear answer about compatibility. Anyone?
Apparently no one has tried it yet, or anyone who has, hasn't read this post. So I suggest you give it a try and let us know what happens. You aren't going to hurt it, they all use the same "shoe" and the same operating voltage. The CGOET gimbal and camera will power up and self level just fine mounted to the Steady Grip. I cannot remember if the H480 is setup to bind with a CGOET. If so the video feed and camera will work with the ST16, if not, you would have to power it up and see if the ST16 will recognize it and bind to it. Again you can't hurt anything. Really there is nothing to loose or hurt by trying it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me