Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on playing back thermal images recorded on the CGOET?

I guess i'm doing something wrong, but when I open up the file in VLC it displays a normal video in 1080p plus a secondary smaller video (which can be enlarged) containing the thermal imaging (Direct 3D output).

If I try to add this to my Wondershare Filmora editor I only get the 'normal' video. How do I just get the thermal image video?

The Yuneec handbook doesn't seem to detail anything about playback etc

Should I be using a different player or is it something to do with hte settings on either the ST16 or the VLC player itself?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mark B

I don't think you are doing anything wrong with VLC. I use the same program with my ET and get the same results. I have not tried to do anything with the video. I just have some stills saved. I did download the UAV-Toolbox. There is supposed to be a way to work with the files in it. I haven't figured it out yet but I will keep trying. I use a program called InfranView for my stills. Taking a still with the ET gives you 3 images. One is an infrared jpeg, one is a visual jpeg, and one is a black and white tiff. That is what I get with the InfranView program.

Not anything worth posting as of yet Bob.

As soon as I can get some pointers on viewing the thermal images I will gladly post them along with applicable advice to others.

I assume the video has multiple streams, but as I don't currently have a CGO-ET to test with, I can't confirm that. Some video players/editors will be able to see that extra stream and some won't. There is a tool (ffmpeg) which should be able to extract the thermal stream out to its own video for editing, but it's not very easy to work with (it's command line only, with long and incomprehensible parameters).

OK I have sussed it - well, to the point that it is usable for me.

The ST16 holds all the files on its hard drive - RGB and Infra Red videos. So, I have copied the separate files onto the SD card in the ST16 and then transferred to my PC. I use the Filmora Wondershare editor, which can do various things such as picture in picture or split screen. This works out just fine, as I can stream and edit both videos at the same time and run them in parallel on the final video.

The files on the camera itself do not contain the infra red portion as a distinct separate file, so it has to be done from the controller.

The RGB video is 1080P which is OK, but I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed with the quality of the infra red, which is very pixelly, plus the temperature reading does not get recorded on the file.

I haven't used it commercially as of yet. Bearing in mind the picture resolution I am undecided whether it would be of any real use in surveys etc - which is why i bought it.

Once I get something shot thats worth posting I will upload in the Photos and Videos section so that you can all review.

Hope that helps. Mark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder