Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Change wifi password?

Reaction score
I was pleased that at least the breeze permits changing the SID, and at least HAS a password. Every WIFI drone I've bought had done a flyaway, after a minute or so, suddenly rising, turning slowly, and taking off in the exact same direction, so I have concluded there is a drone thief in the area. When I got the breeze, I changed the SID, hoping that would keep their software from recognizing it and I would be able to use it near my house. At least this time, it didn't go the same direction - went in the much scarier direction of the airport (apparently entirely inactive, fortunately a few miles to the southeast, but if yuneec ever brings their website up again, and if they'll honor my warranty despite the impossibility of registering and the fact that it recorded no flight log for this specific flight, I sure would like to force them to crack a real password, instead of recognizing that the MAC, which truly cannot be changed, is in the range assigned to the component used in yuneec drones and just use 1234567890.

Since it has flashable firmware, I assume the passhprase is stored on modifyable storage. Has anyone found a way to ... get a console on it, maybe? I'm guessing it uses a minimalist Linux distribution.

Reactions: AlligatoR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts