Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another Breeze Fly Away

Reaction score
Well dang! I took my new one out to the back yard and set it about level with my rooftop, and rotated it to bring the house into the field of view. It started to drift to the north, seeming to ignore the GPS. I applied a little right to adjust it, and it took off - not the creep that's all it will do, but hauling *** like my bugs3 clone, and climbing - directly toward the airport a few miles to the southeast of here. I immediately hit "return to home, and ran to try to keep it in sight, but it was GONE. I so hope it didn't get high enough to clear the trees in the direction it went, so that if I get a call from my info I sharpied onto it, it's from a neighbor, not the FAA.
Here's a weird twist on it - there's no flight log. Not that it matters, since I could never get registration to work. At least I got it when it was cheap, but I really thought it was going to be a nice thing to have.

Firmware was at the latest.

If you use the controller there will be no FlightLog file recorded. You should still file a warranty claim with Yuneec CS if your Breeze is less than a year old and you bought it from an authorized retailer.

Contact them here Yuneec USA | Support, choose Speak to a Pro and schedule a phone support call. You can try using the Live Chat to see if you can get a more immediate response. You can get the serial number of your Breeze from the retail box and they will need a copy of your sales receipt.

If you use the controller there will be no FlightLog file recorded. You should still file a warranty claim with Yuneec CS if your Breeze is less than a year old and you bought it from an authorized retailer.

Contact them here Yuneec USA | Support, choose Speak to a Pro and schedule a phone support call. You can try using the Live Chat to see if you can get a more immediate response. You can get the serial number of your Breeze from the retail box and they will need a copy of your sales receipt.
PIlot mode, but good to know.

I thought flyaways were covered only if they could read the flight log and see it wasn't human error, but I'm sure willing to try. If it worked, it would be a really nice thing to use.

Refer to this thread How To: Save Breeze Telemetry (FlightLog files) and then upload the resulting zip file in your reply by using the Attach files button. At least one of us will look at your flight log files and see if this flight shows in the files. Include the date and approximate time of the flyaway.

The reason I say to contact Yuneec is that the Breeze is notorious for not recording flight logs for every flight and it is likely they will replace it if they can’t prove pilot error.

hrmm.... maybe the registration uses the same server that serves that URL. Dead.

The server that the Breeze Cam app connects to for registration, logging in, and uploading flightlogs has been defunct for some time now. To register your product you have to go to the Yuneec website. To place a warranty claim you have to go to Yuneec/support like in my prior post.

Only one connection can be made with the Breeze at a time, so once you connect no other person can gain control of the Breeze. Yuneec uses the same password on all their products otherwise they would be fielding support calls everyday for people that forgot the password they set.

It is up to you to contact Yuneec CS, we cannot do it for you and complying on the forum will get you nowhere in getting the aircraft replaced under warranty.

If you want to have us look at the FlightLogs you have, you need to get them off of your phone and upload them in a reply.

I was grateful for the advice. Didn't expect anyone else to contact them for me. I was just noting that their website can't be reached at all. I appreciate the offer to look at the logs. I'd take a crack at understanding it myself, if one had been recorded.

I'll keep trying to hit their website every couple days.

What URL are you using? their website is working.

Yuneec USA | Support , as above.
I did find with google that Yuneec USA | Support works, but for some reason, not with firefox. It says it's not reachable... of all the tens of thousands of other URLS I browse on it.

Anyway, I was waiting for a chance during a weekday to do my support call, probably day after tomorrow, because I'm unemployed for a few days while they cut me a new PO, and a few minutes ago, I got a call from a neighbor. She looked out her glass patio door today for apparently the first time in at least two weeks (first nice day of spring) and there it was, neatly landed on her patio, with my callsign and phone number sharpied on the bottom panel. The distilled water of 5 big snowstorms and heavy rain seems to not have hurt it, because I popped in the charged battery as soon as I got home and did a quick hover test in the kitchen. I still don't trust it outside, of course. I'm hoping for a firmware update.

No log from the flight, even after reconnecting. It was only about 200 meters away from where it took off. I presume there was some sort of hangup in the onboard computer, and it rebooted in flight, "coming to" no longer knowing its start point, so it hovered there waiting for me to take control, and when the battery got low, safely landing, fortunately on a clean dry well-drained spot.

Anybody else ever seen something like that? Should I maybe do a "factory reset" in case it's learned some bad instructions?

Reactions: robbie2
I don’t think a factory reset will do much for that, but doing a compass calibration might be in order.

When you do the calibration do it in an open field without electrical lines, buildings, large metallic objects, or reinforced concrete. Face local Magnetic North with the Breeze facing you and follow the onscreen directions.

That and making sure you have a good GPS signal are the best ways to prevent a flyaway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772