Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Changing the Channel settings - how to assign a chosen hardware input to a particular channel (output)?

Reaction score
Hi,

so here is the deal: I have a H920+ here that used to be configured to work with V18, the old zoom camera (it was dedicated to the old H920). It was configured so that the pilot used an ST16 to read telemetry and steer the copter (but he had no video), and the camera operator at the same time used the ST24 to operate the gimbal (using the ST24 sticks) and view the camera live feed.

And that was OK until magically the V18 profile (model) on the ST24 disappeared. It was configured by Yuneec Europe, not me, but depending on which model I choode in "Model Select" menu I could sometimes move the gimbal with a potentiometer or a switch (sic). That allowed me to figure out that I want channels 6 and 8 assigned to J1 and J4. But the problem is that the channel settings menu doesn't seem to allow that. I can change the curves, reverse or disable an input, but cannot make a new assignment and I cannot mix channels (that would probably also help).

Does anyone here know how to do it?

Don’t hold out for much hope. When Yuneec recalled all the original 920’s to be “upgraded” and returned as a 920+ they pretty much killed off the ability to continue using them with the ST-24 and all the features it provided. In fact, they retained the ST-24’s and shipped them back with an ST-16. That aircraft upgrade also changed stuff inside the aircraft rendering further use with cameras and gimbals other than a CGO-4 impossible. About the same time they released new ST-16 firmware that added the 920+ to the model select menu.

In short, they effed everyone that sent in a 920 up their backside with model degradation they called an upgrade. Those that sent in a $7500.00 system for an upgrade were awarded with a $2,000.00 system when they got it back., and a lot of them were configured badly by incompetent techs.

You might consider obtaining a used ST-16 from someone to experiment with. If the system gets buggered and you can’t reverse things use the original ST-16 where nothing was changed to power up the system normally.

Thank for the input, but I figured it out on my own. And works fine, too (H920+ with V18, but with "forced team mode" as described in my first post).

Turns out some channel settings cannot be changed on the existing profiles, but they can be changed on profiles that are entirely new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech