Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charger/battery issue

Reaction score
I have a TYPHOON G drone, that I had not flown in some months, and yesterday when I pulled out the charger and battery, the battery would not charge.

Whenever I plugged the charger in, the light flashes green, symbolizing "ready to charge", and when I plug the battery in, it keeps flashing green. I decided to test the battery in the drone to make sure it was not full charged, and it didn't have enough power to turn the drone on (I tested a small motor and it ran, so it had a little charge).

Which part would be defective, and where could I purchase a new one outside of online, as I would prefer t fixed today.

Thanks,
CupOfKoffee

There are a couple of things to check. First check the fuse in your charger. If blown, it stills shows green. Check the voltage in your battery. If too low, then the factory LIPO charger won't be up to the task. If you have a second battery, you can "boost" the first battery to up the voltage to where the charger will charge it. Do not connect for more than a few seconds at a time. Be very careful about polarity and best done outside. My first guess would be the fuse though.

Good luck with it.

There are a couple of things to check. First check the fuse in your charger. If blown, it stills shows green. Check the voltage in your battery. If too low, then the factory LIPO charger won't be up to the task. If you have a second battery, you can "boost" the first battery to up the voltage to where the charger will charge it. Do not connect for more than a few seconds at a time. Be very careful about polarity and best done outside. My first guess would be the fuse though.

Good luck with it.

The battery voltage is at 3v, and considering this is a 11.1v battery, I have a feeling it is the battery. I have 6 cells from an old laptop battery, totaling 10volts. Would that work for bringing the voltage of the battery up? I assume positive-positive and negative-negative. If so, how much do I need to bring the voltage up.
Thanks

You would need to bring the voltage up to about 9.4 V before the charger will charge it. You are correct, pos to pos, neg to neg. Do this outside and verify polarity. Only short periods and check voltage between. I hope this works for you. LIPO's don't react well to letting the voltage run down that much.

Thanks for the help, considering I only have 1 battery, this was much needed. I raised the battery voltage to 9.5v, and the charger started to charge it. Seeing as I could watch the voltage go down as I was testing it, I will likely need a new battery soon anyways.
Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval