Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charging ST16 battery on external lipo charger

Reaction score
Anyone else charging their ST16 battery on a regular lipo charger? I'm curious because the readings I get from the ST16 (in pad mode), a battery tester and the charger don't match up. Here's the readings I got: 51% left in pad mode on the ST16, 35% left on the battery tester (HK-010). When I charged it back up, I put in 3140mA which is about 36% - 3140/8700 (64% left). I know the battery readings aren't totally accurate, but these are way off.o_O:confused: Maybe this battery isn't actually 8700mAh. Anyone got a clue?

I put back in 6000 or so mAh on the external charger. Didn't take notice of what the controller said sorry.

That is normal. The controller is set up to control multiple flight on several batteries before needing to be recharged. That is why it is a li-ion battery.

Sorry haven't tried all that yet. I looked my ec2 plug to someone and have to wait until it comes back to do more testing.

That is normal. The controller is set up to control multiple flight on several batteries before needing to be recharged. That is why it is a li-ion battery.

so it is confirmed?: ST16 battery is a Li-ion 3.7v 8700mAh

Could be possible, for example, be charged via an iPhone wall charger????

tks!

The ST16 can be charged from a standard USB charger but it has to supply at least 2.0 amps.

Many of the USB chargers for phones only supply 1 amp charge output and this will not charge the ST16 battery all the way.

Chargers that come with iPhones = 1 amp, Chargers that come with the iPad = 2 amp.

No worries @Jimmylee ;). I was just curious since the milliamps put back in don't match the 8700mah stated on the battery. Kinda like the 5400mah on the aircraft battery, but in reverse (ST16 states 8700mah, but only seems to be about 80% of that. TH battery states 5400mah, but seems to be 6400mah :confused:)

No worries @Jimmylee ;). I was just curious since the milliamps put back in don't match the 8700mah stated on the battery. Kinda like the 5400mah on the aircraft battery, but in reverse (ST16 states 8700mah, but only seems to be about 80% of that. TH battery states 5400mah, but seems to be 6400mah :confused:)

8700mah seems like a pretty hefty battery.
Are you looking to replace or just curious?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval