Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CHEAP Backpack for Typhoon H review

Reaction score
Hi All !...
Since there are really no backpacks from Yuneec or any major dealers for the Typhoon H
I decided to try a cheap O just to get by for now....
I just received this backpack I found on Amazon...

Amazon.com: Yuneec Typhoon H480 FPV Drone Backpack Bag Carrying Shoulder Bag: Camera & Photo

Reading the 3 reviews when I ordered, I didn't think it was that bad...
so I took a chance...
Glad I did !
First I paid $35 and got Free Shipping !
Good deal !
It came in the mail today rolled up like a Sunday Newspaper wrapped in some plastic wrap...Opened it up and It looked nice and sturdy !
It does not come with anything else so you have to use your stryofoam from the original package (Stated in the Description)
Letting it sit in the sun for a couple of hours to fit the stryofoam It fits quite tight !
I won't go into detail as the comments on Amazon tell you all you need to know...except for photos....
So I'll post a few below.

I ordered a Cheap one for my Phantom last year and it works just fine for my needs.

https://www.amazon.com/Cheerwing®-O..._SL500_SR135,135_&refRID=0XNZJ0AR7J8F2PG7N2Q9

Many trips to the lake and other drives to get shot that I like to do for relaxation.
Nothing Commercial.
This one looks like it was designed and made by the same company as it Has all the same features.
All I need for my purposes is something to put my drone in with the controller, batteries, props,
and small tools and SD cards to take from the house to the car and carry a short distance to a field to fly my drone. I do not bike or hike too far from the car so I don't need something heavy and over built. When done flying. I pack it back up, take it to the car and go home and leave it on the floor in my office and later store it on the shelf until the next time.

Both bags have a carrying handle and shoulder straps and a side pocket for extra battery or other needed stuff, and on the other side a mesh pocket for a water bottle.
Behind the red stripe in the photos is a zipper pocket that can hold a small 10" tablet for viewing videos after the flights. (or anything else you need for a trek )
I usually just use one strap and sling the bag over one shoulder and go to my takeoff points.
Both these bags work just fine for my needs !
Again it seems well built and works fine for me....
Its listed now for $45 and free shipping, but really a steal compared to what is offered now!
Even the Yuneec Backpack you have to use your own stryofoam but at $100 I can buy two of these and be further ahead !

This is just my happy opinion and I am quite satisfied !
Check out my photos of both bags for size comparison !

Attachments

• AIMG_1938.jpg
    AIMG_1938.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 60
  • AIMG_1940.jpg
    AIMG_1940.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 58
  • AIMG_1941.jpg
    AIMG_1941.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 60
  • AIMG_1942.jpg
    AIMG_1942.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 57
  • AIMG_1943.jpg
    AIMG_1943.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 58
  • AIMG_1944.jpg
    AIMG_1944.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 57
  • AIMG_1946.jpg
    AIMG_1946.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 60
I agree, I just received mine for my H , $44.00 on Amazon with free 2 day shipping. It's a decent pack. The Styrofoam fits well but I did end up using a couple of pieces of double sided tape to hold the top in a little better. Good value.

Last edited:
I noticed in your pics that you did what I used to do. Have the props in the little baggy and stuff them in the slot of the landing gear. I HATED having to pull them out to fall out of the bag etc. one day I'm looking at the lid and noticed g awesome! There are some extra storage space to be used. And you can tell that one of them was made for the props. Holds 8. So you can keep a spare for each direction. I think I seen there's a post somewhere else on here too.
78d71d0512c50df845b7d487bb094b3c.jpg
55e3f92e8a640cbd646ce64297fb12b2.jpg
c6a5d22609963c9f7e2b30fc51bb97d5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had mine for several weeks and really like it. The lid fits tight. I think I paid $27 and free shipping. Great deal! Better build quality than soft backpack I got for P3P.

I also have the same one from Ebay, arrived yesterday in fact and everything fits perfectly. Now to figure out how to strap it to my motorcycle!

awesome tip on the prop holder.. need to find some velcro and put them in that spot

Yep. I just got some 2 sided Velcro and the hot glue gun.

I use the other side for the wall charger cable. ( in the bag )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop