Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma Problems (binding)

Will wait on results of your next run of the binding process. It is puzzling why you were able to get the purple LED at all if the board lights are not lit. This is certainly an interesting project.

Will wait on results of your next run of the binding process. It is puzzling why you were able to get the purple LED at all if the board lights are not lit. This is certainly an interesting project.
Stop press.
Walking away to get breakfast LO and Behold, I looked back at the Chroma in the office a could see the red LED, closer inspection also the 4 white ones!?
Chroma is on the GUI at the moment.
Below motor LEDS are sequence =
GREEN. BLUE. RED.

Because we were outside the house last test....maybe we mistook the BLUE for PURPLE. ??

OK thanks, with the next test I will take close note of beeping and tones from the start, when and at what stage they occur.

With your excellent help we'll get thing to commit aviation again.

I see from the ISS picture it is getting dark over there ?

Hmm. That might explain a lot of my problems. :rolleyes:
Sleep well?
After having the birds nice and stable for the test, all the beeping was gone and only the correct ones were heard.

.59. Chroma 16 sats, ST10 cycling between 0 and 10 sats. Real slow.
.69. Could only see 1 although when connected to the GUI this a.m there were 4

.70. NO RED LED.

All further numbers were OK.

MMMMM

Sleep well?

Haven't been to bed yet.

If you haven't already moved forward with the verification, I think it would be good to do so. We can come back to this point if the sequence doesn't work out.

From your last note, I think you are saying the bird is showing a good bind, and you have purple rear LEDs. Is that correct?

The controller GPS count worries me, but that MIGHT be because you are inside. The controller only uses GPS. I'm pretty sure the Chroma uses both GPS and GLONAS, which might explain the difference. But then, it might be a problem. We will see when you get to the point of starting motors.

Sleep well?
After having the birds nice and stable for the test, all the beeping was gone and only the correct ones were heard.

.59. Chroma 16 sats, ST10 cycling between 0 and 10 sats. Real slow.
.69. Could only see 1 although when connected to the GUI this a.m there were 4

.70. NO RED LED.

All further numbers were OK.

MMMMM
Yes it looks like a good bind.
No we are outside under a good sky, no trees etc.
ST10 shows a steady 10 sats a while back.

Also thinking about why the board lights look right when on the GUI, and NOT show normally. Another thing that we could try would be too disconnect the GUI cable inside the drone. I can't see why it would help, but maybe it's related.
I think you still have the wire guard removed. The internal end of the GUI is on the left when looking in through the open wire guard area. You will need sharp nosed plyers or tweezers to get to it.

I'm turning in for the night. By the time I get up, it will be about 2 AM your local. Love to have an update on where you are, what you find.
Hope to work with you tomorrow.

This msg from my phone, my PC has an
ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR in it now and keeps me unable to view any Yuneec forum stuff, and only Yuneec forum. Go figure, I've done all that this Black Duck can do to fix, any ideas???

@DoomMeister recommended checking the date /time on your PC as the first thing to try. He also provided some other suggestions if this does not work.

What operating system and what internet browser are you using?

May have an issue with the controller then. We'll look harder at that if you don't get motor start.
Tom let's go back a bit.
Problem started with Tx screen all NA.
I bought a new FC.
I fitted new FC and had same presentation.
@DoomMeister recommended checking the date /time on your PC as the first thing to try. He also provided some other suggestions if this does not work.

What operating system and what internet browser are you using?
Win XP. Date and time is correct.
Chrome.
Have tried a fix it program HOW TO FIX ERR SSL. etc but still no joy.
Thanks DM.

Tom let's go back a bit.
Problem started with Tx screen all NA.
I bought a new FC.
I fitted new FC and had same presentation.

Win XP. Date and time is correct.
Chrome.
Have tried a fix it program HOW TO FIX ERR SSL. etc but still no joy.
Thanks DM.
RE binding...
Sent bird away to try and fix, no joy.
Using your instructions which resulted in a successful Bind but have not yet tried a motor start.
I will clean up properly the front vents so that a cleaner view to search real well to see if I have 4 white and 1 red.
Absolutey sure I saw 4 & 1 when on the GUI, I'll check again.
I'm not aware how far the Queensland fix it man got with any binding - I'll ask.

WinXP? I’m surprised you can find a browser that will still run on it. Even Win7 Pro is getting to the point a lot of browsers aren’t being supported anymore.

I think if you are getting a solid purple, and GPS acquired, then it is time to try a start. Do it with the propellers OFF. I know many don't like running motors with props off, but Chroma motors make so much noise it can't get much worse anyway.
Don't run the speed up, just see if the motors all start, and then shut it down.
I will be on the forum for awhile, will watch for your results.

It's also good to hear the verification process seems to be helping. It's tough to get folks to follow something that tedious. It can use a good plug every now and again to encourage its use. And also a good complaint as needed to make it better.

Hi Tom,
Just tried a motor start-up no joy.
Lots of Sats on Tx and the Chroma.
When I tried a start I got 3 quick down beat beeps from the Chroma.
Tried again with same no start and the 3 quick beeps.
That is all.
Cheers.

Did you loose telemetry on the Controller?
Did the Chroma LEDs go back to all white?
See anything else on the controller that might give a hint of what is happening?
I'm thinking the act of starting the motors is causing the Chroma to loose bind. Anything you can describe will help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1