Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma ST 10 got wet, one blade won't spin

Reaction score
ST 10 got wet 4 years ago, finally got around to it.Turns on, camera works, new battery, replaced the motor that wasn't working, still doesn't work. Board issue? Please help! Thank you!

I pulled the board out, that motor connection looks burnt, I replaced that motor because it also looked burnt. Board is rusty, everything else works like it should

I pulled the board out, that motor connection looks burnt, I replaced that motor because it also looked burnt. Board is rusty, everything else works like it should
Probably not much hope for that board. Attempted repairs are notoriously unsuccessful on that one.
It may still be worth connecting to the GUI to take a look at it.

Reactions: Pier2162
Probably not much hope for that board. Attempted repairs are notoriously unsuccessful on that one.
It may still be worth connecting to the GUI to take a look at it.
I cleaned the board with electronic cleaner, will reinstall and take your advice on the GUI. Any idea where I could find another board? Thank you

I cleaned the board with electronic cleaner, will reinstall and take your advice on the GUI. Any idea where I could find another board? Thank you.
All motors are green in the GUI. Number 3 is the one not working, still shows green, doesn't spin though

Swap the motor lead with the other motor on the same end of the Chroma, and try again. This will show if the issue is in the motor (if the known good motor starts), in the ESC (if the suspect motor starts), or both (if neither motor starts). If both motors start, we gotta scratch our heads some more.

Reactions: Pier2162
Swap the motor lead with the other motor on the same end of the Chroma, and try again. This will show if the issue is in the motor (if the known good motor starts), in the ESC (if the suspect motor starts), or both (if neither motor starts). If both motors start, we gotta scratch our heads some more.
I switched the leads, motor spins and is good, GUI shows all green checks on ESC's etc

Probably a blown mosfet on the ESC, or the controller for that ESC is bad. If cleaning the contacts does not help anything, the board will have to be replaced. I do not know of a source for the boards other than check eBay to see if anything shows up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold