Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comfast CF-WR371AC range extender

Just tried out your set up, it went pretty well, but the weather was a factor, wind and rain, so I had to cut short the session. Like you said, no issues with this arrangement: GOPR3046.JPGGOPR3046.JPG

Could not try out the smart functions because of marginal conditions, but the controller mode worked well without issue. Thanks for the great tip DM! I'll try to do a video on the use of the comfast with the smart modes and more challenging (wifi) conditions, when the weather improves.

Reactions: DoomMeister
What kind of range extension are people getting ? If it's more than the built in geo fence parameters, how do you get past the fence ?

So far, I have been very please with the repeater, thanks to DM and robbie, it makes the Breeze have a more reliable connection, but does not increase the Geo Fence, at least I haven't noticed. The weather here in Honolulu has been very windy or rainy or both and it's hard to really test it out.

What kind of range extension are people getting ? If it's more than the built in geo fence parameters, how do you get past the fence ?

The range extender is more for maintaining a good video feed from the Breeze. Most phones end up with lag or the video breaks up before the geofence, and using the repeater gives a stronger signal link.

If the signal is strong enough you can land near the geofence then takeoff again to extend the fence. If you do that an RTH will take you to the second takeoff point, not the first.

I don’t advise extending the fence, I personally use it strictly to keep a steady video link.

Wanted to update that the Comfast CR-WR371AC use in reference to the improvement in wifi connection. I noticed that the connection to the Breeze is remarkably improved, control is uninterrupted up to 150 feet, (I fly in an area where I shouldn't fly higher), however at about 95 feet, there was sporadic interruption in video feed and there was a noticeable lag. I hope to try to fly to the Geo Fence in another location in the future.

I can not set the comfast to even find the breeze WiFi ? I've use apple and Android devices

The 5s is the phone I used most of the time when first flying the Breeze.

When using the Comfast 371AC with iOS devices like the 5s the security setting has to be disabled or you only have connection with the camera and no control of the Breeze flight controls.

This is most easily accessed by connecting through a full browser on a PC and not the mobile link through a phone.
Comfast doesn't find the breeze ? Can u give me advice please

Comfast doesn't find the breeze ? Can u give me advice please

Dave,

I followed Robbie and DM's instructions that are pretty clear to connect to the Comfast and it worked, you might want to recheck this post thread for the directions.

Reactions: davek81
Dave,

I followed Robbie and DM's instructions that are pretty clear to connect to the Comfast and it worked, you might want to recheck this post thread for the directions.
Hi Dave, if the older posts mentioned above don't solve your problem, we would be happy to help, but you will need to give rather specific details of what you tried already and where the process fails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430