Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Calibration After New Update ?

Reaction score
Don't want to start a debate on doing one or not doing one. But since DJI and many of us Phantom users recommend doing one after every firmware update. I have chosen to re- Calibrate my Compass.
Reason: "IF" As many of you have realized from doing the update, that the H and the ST16 both lost binding and therefore required to be rebound !
Therefore to me it makes sense that the Compass also lost it's calibration as everything seemed to reset.
Not telling you all what to do !, But to me it is better safe than sorry, and I would hate to start seeing posts about the H flying erratically due to Compass issues after the new update or worse crashes!
As I hope this update is a step, even small, to getting us all on track to more enjoyable flying my friends!!:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'me just trying to raise the will power to have a go at the FW upgrade. Do I do it now or after next week's flying project?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'me just trying to raise the will power to have a go at the FW upgrade. Do I do it now or after next week's flying project?

..prob kick back, and let the real life beta testers have a quick look :)

With all the trouble I had with losing my card into the remote, my bird did not become unbound. Weird.

Probably a good idea DC, though I don't seem to have any issues after updating. Did have to rebind both the H and the camera.

Always a good idea to do periodically and IMO after an upgrade. But funny thing is I didn't do either (accelerometer or CC). Flew two batteries even used RTH with no issues. As the OP states, I too am not telling you what to do.

Funny thing is I'll probably do it tomorrow before I fly...

Reactions: Forrestt
Always a good idea to do periodically and IMO after an upgrade. But funny thing is I didn't do either (accelerometer or CC). Flew two batteries even used RTH with no issues. As the OP states, I too am not telling you what to do.

Yeah, I'm getting squirmish thinking about it as we speak, LOL.

Updated, did aclmtr and compass and gimbal calibration. Headed out for a test run! It's a drag, though, with only one battery.

I did the same, upgraded firmware and went out and flew two batteries, completely forgot to calibrate.
It flew perfect!
We just got lucky or the firmware don't mess with compass or IMU. :cool:

Flew my one batter today. No problems. Recorded a few minutes in raw, but since I reinstalled Windows, and can't find my original discs for Power Director 11, I can't use my upgrade files for version 14!! I'm stuck until I hear from Cyberlink.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop