Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Calibration

Reaction score
Hi there Everyone would love to get help on the Calibration side of things
when i have done the Calibration it beeps and the restarts it goes Solid Green then changes to light Purple and then back to solid green again
Have i done it right or Wrong as im new to Drones and i don't wan to crash it

Please Help

The Aircraft is in Smart Mode with GPS lock - Follow Me/Watch Me available
Glows solid green and blinks 1 time white (for 1 second)

The Aircraft is in Angle Mode with GPS lock - Follow Me/Watch Me available
Glows solid purple and blinks 1 time white (for 1 second)

I believe the OP is stating it is switching itself as in flashing back and forth purple/green, which I have never seen that combination happen on it's own. I would recalibrate till you get the steady colors that webster mentioned , per mode you are in!

Hello dc....please look at your light pattern next time you fly. The manual says "SOLID PURPLE " mine flashes a quick white in between the purple...I called Yuneec tech and they said disregard the manual......just wondering if some of the typhoon h versions glow a CONSTANT purple in angle mode or CONSTANT green in smart mode. If you could report back your findings, we would be most thankful

Hello dc....please look at your light pattern next time you fly. The manual says "SOLID PURPLE " mine flashes a quick white in between the purple...I called Yuneec tech and they said disregard the manual......just wondering if some of the typhoon h versions glow a CONSTANT purple in angle mode or CONSTANT green in smart mode. If you could report back your findings, we would be most thankful

Attachments

• 20160903_090001.jpg
    20160903_090001.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 12
Hi there Everyone would love to get help on the Calibration side of things
when i have done the Calibration it beeps and the restarts it goes Solid Green then changes to light Purple and then back to solid green again
Have i done it right or Wrong as im new to Drones and i don't wan to crash it

Please Help
Hi there...
Not sure what mode you are in but to check your led put the nose away from you and turn on the transmitter in ANGLE MODE.
It needs to be close to see the led and the h is dangerous to be this close to you in smart mode.
I have just turned on my unit to verify my REAL WORLD tests.
Powered on both transmitter and h at same time...took 36 seconds to boot up 7 satellite's on transmitter and get video on screen....led was glowing solid purple. Twenty more seconds got up to eleven satellite's and the led was purple for three seconds and a quick white flash....constantly repeating this new pattern.
I also did experience losing the gps signal when bringing the transmitter extremely close to the h...within two or three feet and directly over the h as it was on the ground.

Just one last tip for you as a newbie....take off in ANGLE mode with the nose pointing away from you, then switch it into smart mode when it gets 26 feet or more away from you.....and if you hand catch it, you will have to be in ANGLE mode again.

Flashing purple in Angle Mode is what you want. Yes mine flashes purple/white in Angle mode also! That is good to go. Solid purple is also okay, but means not enough GPS to run in "Fun" modes. CCC, Follow Me, Watch Me etc.

Hi there...
Not sure what mode you are in but to check your led put the nose away from you and turn on the transmitter in ANGLE MODE.
It needs to be close to see the led and the h is dangerous to be this close to you in smart mode.
I have just turned on my unit to verify my REAL WORLD tests.
Powered on both transmitter and h at same time...took 36 seconds to boot up 7 satellite's on transmitter and get video on screen....led was glowing solid purple. Twenty more seconds got up to eleven satellite's and the led was purple for three seconds and a quick white flash....constantly repeating this new pattern.
I also did experience losing the gps signal when bringing the transmitter extremely close to the h...within two or three feet and directly over the h as it was on the ground.

Just one last tip for you as a newbie....take off in ANGLE mode with the nose pointing away from you, then switch it into smart mode when it gets 26 feet or more away from you.....and if you hand catch it, you will have to be in ANGLE mode again.
Solid Purple is because you only had 7 satellites, which means you have satellites to go, but not sufficient to be fully operational for other modes like CCC,Waypoints etc

FYI maybe I am old school but 'steady' (solid) is 'steady' (solid) anything else is flashing, blinking, intermittent. Most of the flashes are too short and too close together to be recognized unless you use a high speed camera and play it back slower. No surprise that "Yuneec tech said disregard the manual", it's out of date too. Wouldn't it great if an updated correct manual was posted on line? But that would be too easy and 'free'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop