Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass errors vs battery voltage

Reaction score
First post on this forum.
I have a Typhoon H that is 3 years old and has less than 50 flights. I decided to take it out a few weeks back. Since it has been sitting so long I let it sit out in the open for 1/2 hr for GPS acquisition. I also performed a compass calibration . The H fly’s fine for around 10 minutes and then it starts a mild toilet bowl and drifting and then I get a compass error and orange flashes on status light bar. I bring the H down and land and then take off again and everything is fine until I land again. The whole flight is in angle mode. After landing and swapping batteries and then take off the process repeats. Could battery voltage cause these errors or is the compass going bad? The batteries are OEM. I’ve done numerous compass calibrations at our rc field which is in a wide open area. Running most recent firmware on H and ST16.

First post on this forum.
I have a Typhoon H that is 3 years old and has less than 50 flights. I decided to take it out a few weeks back. Since it has been sitting so long I let it sit out in the open for 1/2 hr for GPS acquisition. I also performed a compass calibration . The H fly’s fine for around 10 minutes and then it starts a mild toilet bowl and drifting and then I get a compass error and orange flashes on status light bar. I bring the H down and land and then take off again and everything is fine until I land again. The whole flight is in angle mode. After landing and swapping batteries and then take off the process repeats. Could battery voltage cause these errors or is the compass going bad? The batteries are OEM. I’ve done numerous compass calibrations at our rc field which is in a wide open area. Running most recent firmware on H and ST16.
The upper right corner of this forum has a search tool, it looks like a magnifier. When you type the word toilet in and hit enter, it will show you the discussions that are related to your problem and the success others have had.

This is the best thread from the list that @Murray Martz suggested. Toilet Bowl Flushing Update

The reason I highlight this thread is that @DCH is a trusted member of this forum and has done research of problems with several issues on the Typhoon H and H Plus.

We are seeing a trend in the forum with Typhoon H’s that have been stored for extended periods having issues with the FC board. The most common of those are the TB effect after flying for several minutes and the other is trouble acquiring GPS Ready.

Some who here have schematics. Let be cooperative. Positive things for the community will be more if the time isn't wasted on reversing.

I looked for a pinout of the GPS PCB and could not find one in any of my docs. I have the data sheet for the M8, but that was downloaded from u-blox website. I know techs and engineers had to sign Non disclosure agreements resulting in no detailed information being available.

No problem to redraw from scratch. There are a few components only.

---
Agreements are only agreements. On the dark side of the earth, they are treated only as guidance.
---
I did the job for sure, but everyone will remember that someone doesn't do any job at all.
---

And more and more sentences like these. ;)

I looked for a pinout of the GPS PCB and could not find one in any of my docs. I have the data sheet for the M8, but that was downloaded from u-blox website. I know techs and engineers had to sign Non disclosure agreements resulting in no detailed information being available.
Helmut helped promptly, as usual.

About the topic. Tracing the power chain, and define capacitors in it, will help to improve the overall stability of the drone.

H480 is a good design with a lot of hidden potentials. Giving some attention and focus on the weakness, efforts will be refunded.

I couldn’t agree more. Not surprised that he had that info. It may be hidden in one of my PM’s with him as I know we discussed it quite some time ago. He really is a treasure trove of information on the Typhoon H and drones in general. He is a prized member of this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech