Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Warning! Whats going on?

I noticed that too. Sometimes I had to rotate it 3 times on one axis to stop the flashing LEDs. I thought that was strange

Try to not rotate it as fast on each axis when calibrating the compass. It seems like mine works better when I don't rotating it as fast.
(At least it doesn't seem to want me to rotating each axis several times as much.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get issues with my h after install last firmware...

-toilet boil flights
-one direction flight with a drift to another direction
-sometimes compass warning

I have calibrate compass with face north at 3 places in green... doesn't help!

some ideas?

I have opened a case with Yuneec about compass error and after several emails back and forth they say a solution is being worked on.

They did not say what but I assume a firmware fix, hopefully soon.

Reactions: KBflyer
I have opened a case with Yuneec about compass error and after several emails back and forth they say a solution is being worked on.

Well thats interesting for sure, to bad they don't put out a statement not to fly until the fix is out to save people from losing their hard earned money as it goes bye bye over the horizon :)

This compass error problem is just not isolated to the Typhoon H, my Typhoon 500 is also effected since the last update that Yuneec put out. I never used to get compass errors like this before. All the yellow markers are compass errors. I have recalibrated several times but it does not help. Somethings up noidea.gif
screenshot-exmaps.com 2016-09-12 10-56-20.png

I was getting compass errors before the update out in the open in what seemed to be away from any outside influences, yet when I used the compass in my phone it was off and drifted from what I knew to be magnetic north. Since the update I've only seen compass errors in that same location which was confirmed by my phone. For some it may be worth using their phones to establish a baseline from firmware issues to environment. With all of the issues its harder to pin down exactly what's going on.

Greg

Reactions: Brian Mackey
yes i have calibrate compass and imu...but it dosent help to give him back perfect flight. Then i have called Yuneec and they told me...

-autopilot 1.26 have a known issue with some copters
-they work on new Version, its in pipeline and gets tested now, before release
-Compass calbration dont need pointed to north, thats only needed with the typhoon 500

so i wait for update again...

by the way i have tested the trim control for slow flight....but it mostly start at value over 18...under no reaction.
at which trim Value your copter starts with slow movement?

yes i have calibrate compass and imu...but it dosent help to give him back perfect flight. Then i have called Yuneec and they told me...

-Compass calbration dont need pointed to north, thats only needed with the typhoon 500

by the way i have tested the trim control for slow flight....but it mostly start at value over 18...under no reaction.

Mine won't move until after 18 as well. Not sure if thats normal or not?

Reactions: eric bee
i have ask yuneec: when it should be start with movement with the trim control?
2 technican tells: "sorry we dont know, we havnt test it"

Eric
I was on the phone with Yuneec when you posted this and I got to alert. I asked them at the California office specialty about this and no one at Yuneec in California is aware of any pending update for auto pilot it a change to B23

They are still saying b23 is fine and there is no issues.

They are sending me another unit, making this the 3rd one.

What's your source for the updated software comment? Do you feel confident that source is a good one ? I never seem to get a consistant answer from them and they are not acknowlging any issues with the TH pad the occasional but limited issue that is within normal defect rates.

Reactions: KBflyer
Eric
I was on the phone with Yuneec when you posted this and I got to alert. I asked them at the California office specialty about this and no one at Yuneec in California is aware of any pending update for auto pilot it a change to B23

They are still saying b23 is fine and there is no issues.

They are sending me another unit, making this the 3rd one.

What's your source for the updated software comment? Do you feel confident that source is a good one ? I never seem to get a consistant answer from them and they are not acknowlging any issues with the TH pad the occasional but limited issue that is within normal defect rates.

Acknowledging that there is a issue with their firmware would open them up for a poop load of liability claims. That would sink this company faster then the Titanic.
No employee is going to come right out and say Yes we know all the fly aways is the fault of a bad firmware update. Think he would be unemployed by the end of the day :)

Personally I think these firmware updates are coming to quick. Seems they are an indication there is a problem in the last firmware.

I've just experienced my first compass error after a dozen flights with the latest firmware. Switched off immediately (hadn't taken off at that point), turned back on and all was well.

This is pure speculation, but it could be that the error is in the H firmware getting the compass into a bad state, rather than some strange increase in sensitivity. If that is the case, it would be a very bad idea to re-calibrate with the latest firmware, as you have no guarantee that you're not calibrating with the compass in it's bad state. The result would be a bad calibration that might not surface until later on, or might cause a higher rate of compass errors.

I've no problem with regular updates - if they're handled well, regular additions of new features are very welcome, and there's no reason they can't be reliable. The challenge in any complex system like this is managing the build, test, release cycle so that changes are controlled, well understood and thoroughly tested. The software that's going into these drones is an order of magnitude more complex than it was just a few years ago, so the teams behind them are having to change dramatically to deliver. When we see other companies announcing new drones, my first thought is whether they have the resources to provide the software that will support the shiny hardware they're showing off.

I have had the same issue since the upgrade. It seems to be related to electronics (including the transmitter) close to the aircraft. It has not happened in flight, only when warming up. Try starting up out in the open with the transmitter farther away from the H.

I've had the same problem once. Had the transmitter, a camera, and a phone near the thing when I started it up and got the compass warning. Moved away, restarted everything, and haven't seen it since.

This compass error problem is just not isolated to the Typhoon H, my Typhoon 500 is also effected since the last update that Yuneec put out. I never used to get compass errors like this before. All the yellow markers are compass errors. I have recalibrated several times but it does not help. Somethings up View attachment 3042
View attachment 3041

I hope you sent this to Yuneec :)

Flew two batteries with new firmware this morning, no more compass warnings and weird stick delays.

I refused to send my H in for service like they wanted because I was sure it was firmware related, glad I waited. :)

Same here all issues gone no drift no flashing light and I do not know if RTH landed the H in the last go round but it lands it now!

After the last firmware upgrade 9/13 flew two days and several batteries without any compass warnings.

Today 'compass warnings' again but flies ok.''

This is one annoying bug (or anomaly) that won't go away! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1