Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Completely Fed Up With Yuneec Customer Service

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty much over the H and Yuneec. It has been an incredibly frustrating few weeks. I have been getting nothing but a run around from Yuneec and I think I'm done.

I bought the H on June 7th. Got it a few days later and decided to take it to a family reunion to fly it for the first time. Long story short, after about 10min, the H starting swirling and it was all I could do to keep it from hitting anything. Finally got it stable enough to land and at about 6 inches about the ground, it jerked back and crashed. Broke 2 props and the plastic rail for the camera mount.

I called Yuneec the very next day and explained the situation. They said to send it in for inspection and repair and sent me a pre-paid label. I told them that I do commercial videography work with my drones and that I had a big project coming up that I needed and wanted to use the H on. I asked if it would be possible for them to cross ship me a replacement unit once they saw that I shipped my unit. Was told that they didn't "do that kind of thing" and that I would have to wait for repair. OK... So, I called back the next morning and spoke with someone else saying that I couldn't afford to wait weeks for a repair and that I needed a replacement sent out ASAP. Again, was told they couldn't do that. I even asked to speak to a supervisor (none were available). A supervisor called me back a few hours later and I explained my situation. She said she would make sure that my case was handled quickly and that she would call me and give me regular updates on how it was going. This was June 17th. She never called me back even once. I call back (AGAIN) on the 20th and asked to speak to another supervisor. I ended up getting a guy (whose name I won't mention) who said that he was the highest person I could speak with. I explained the situation and told him that I wanted a unit cross shipped. I told him that I had a shoot coming up on the 23rd in midtown for a large commercial real estate company and I really needed to have my H for that shoot. He said they couldn't do that since they had people sending empty boxes back to them, full of magazines for weight and they just weren't able to send anything out until they got mine in. I then asked if they would send me a replacement if I would give them a credit card and they could put a hold on the card and release the hold once they got my H and ST16 back. He said he would have to ask someone if that was possible. He comes back on the phone and says that they can do that and that I can pay the difference for expedited shipping so that I could get the unit on time. At this point I'm super happy! He transfers me to order processing and I paid the shipping cost for expedited shipping. They told me that the order would ship around 2pm Pacific time. Again, I'm super happy thinking that I'll have a replacement unit! Next day around lunch time I still hadn't received a tracking number, even though I got an order confirmation email from Yuneec. I email CS and ask for the tracking number. The girl responds and says that they don't have any shipping info yet, but they will send it as soon as they ship it. WHAT?!?! I call CS back and ask about the status of the order. She says the H is currently backordered and they don't know when more will be shipped. I tell her that I spoke with (name removed) and that it was supposed to ship yesterday. Said she'd call me back. I finally get a call at 8pm that night from somebody who said the system messed up and released my unit to another order. She said they were currently testing 500 units and she would keep an eye on things and update me daily with how it was looking. That was a week ago and she hasn't called me back once.

I call Yuneec yet again and ask to speak with (name removed). Ask him what the **** is going on and he says the same thing. The system is fulfilling previous orders and they won't fulfill mine until the orders ahead of me are shipped. I complain to him again, told him that I was supposed to have the thingy now. He said he would try to pull some strings, but that he couldn't promise anything. Days later and still nothing. No call back, no email updates, no replacement.

To sum it up, I have called Yuneec around 12 times total and have gotten nothing but run arounds and empty promises. I mailed my H back to them 20 days ago, was promised a replacement and here I sit, empty handed. I really think I'm done with Yuneec. They came close to costing me a big job since. I agreed to shoot that property having in my that I would use my H. Because of this fiasco, I had to use my Q500 4K in an environment where the H would have been much better. Also, my brother is working on getting his sUAS license under part 107 and we were going to order another TH for him to use and start working with me once he gets his license at the end of August. I guess we'll have to look for something else. I don't know what though, because I don't want to use DJI stuff.

It's apparent by my experience and from what I've read from others on here that Yuneec is completely in over their heads right now. It's disappointing to see a company not take care of it's current customers. This is completely and totally unacceptable!

Sounds like everything that could go wrong did. Hopefully at some point you will get satisfaction.
Almost any radically new product, from any company, software or hardware, has bugs, problems.
Any specific reason not to get a DJI P4?

Where do people get off thinking that they are high priority and should have everything instant including replacement drone, TV, CAR, COMPUTER???!? Really? Cross Ship is not the norm in any electronic industry. You either need to go back to your dealer and ask to return and repurchase or you need to wait in line like everyone else to get their typhoon repaired. Just because you have a 'photo shoot' coming up doesn't give you any right to get your drone fixed/replaced sooner than the other 50-100 people ahead of you.

Any specific reason not to get a DJI P4?

The P4 is a great aircraft, I know. I've flown a friend's. I've been flying the Q500 for quite a while now and I really like it, so I wanted to stick with Yuneec. Plus, the idea of a hexacopter really appealed to me, especially at this price. This might sound superficial, but I don't like the way the P4 and previous models look. The drone and controller look childish to me, and it would embarrass me to show up to jobs or construction sites with something that looks like a toy. The H has some incredible features and looks the part as well.

Where do people get off thinking that they are high priority and should have everything instant including replacement drone, TV, CAR, COMPUTER???!? Really? Cross Ship is not the norm in any electronic industry. You either need to go back to your dealer and ask to return and repurchase or you need to wait in line like everyone else to get their typhoon repaired. Just because you have a 'photo shoot' coming up doesn't give you any right to get your drone fixed/replaced sooner than the other 50-100 people ahead of you.

HAHA! Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm just spoiled and want instant gratification. :rolleyes: You don't know me at all and that's not what I was getting at.

I don't expect to get ahead of anybody. But, when I call up a company and ask them for priority handling and am told one thing, but get something totally different, I get upset. You're saying you wouldn't be upset if you paid for expedited shipping and was told you would have a replacement unit by a certain day and a couple of weeks later you still don't have it?? On top of that, not all situations are the same. I do think a company should treat certain situations differently. Yeah, little Timmy crashes his drone because he doesn't know how to fly it might have to wait a little bit to get repaired as opposed to a commercial 333 operator who need something fixed as quickly as possible. There's a definite difference.

My little 'photo shoot' was filming a large property and building in the midtown of my large city. I took the job only because I knew I would have my H and that it would be a much better drone to use than a smaller quad. On top of that, it was my first project with a large, national commercial real estate company. I blow it with them and I could lose a lot of business.

You say that I should just return it to where I bought it. Did you not read the paper that came with your H that had a big red stop sign that said to NOT return it to where you bought it from you're having problems? It's not the guy's fault who I bought it from.

At any rate, I'm not coming on here to argue with you.

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Get your money back from Yuneec then. Go buy a P4 and be happy. Patience is a virtue developed not born with. Fly safe.

Reactions: Malikye

Yuneec is one of the few companies that will do a cross ship. For this reason, they are "Top Shelf" in my books. There are shady characters out there who will return a box full of magazines and then attempt to blame it on UPS so very very few companies will do a cross ship. Many forum member's on here have been able to have Yuneec cross ship controllers, cameras, parts, complete Typhoon's, etc. If Yuneec can do it, they will in order to provide top quality customer service. Unfortunately in OP's case, Yuneec just couldn't satisfy his needs at the expense of other customers.

I do agree with your comment that one should not be able to butt in line and take the place of someone else's order.

I guess it boils down to this: If they couldn't ship one out that day, like I was promised, they shouldn't have said that they could. I wasn't trying to just ahead in line or thought that I was special. After multiple calls, I can't even get anybody to give me a general timeframe on when a replacement will be shipped. How can they not even have a ballpark idea. Will it be days or weeks?

I don't expect to get ahead of anybody. But, when I call up a company and ask them for priority handling and am told one thing, but get something totally different, I get upset.

But that's not what happened. Everyone you initially spoke to all told you the same thing. They couldn't do what you were asking of them. They only agreed to give you priority after you called a half dozen times complaining, demanding and expecting them to put your needs ahead of everyone else.

I do think a company should treat certain situations differently. Yeah, little Timmy crashes his drone because he doesn't know how to fly it might have to wait a little bit to get repaired as opposed to acommercial 333 operator who need something fixed as quickly as possible. There's a definite difference.

Yeah, because Yuneec is going to verify every person who claims they are a "333 blah blah blah operator" just so they can prioritize you people who think they're more important? Not going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: m0j0
It sure is sad what happend. Hope for you everything is fixed soon.
I think you should try to stay in contact with just one person at CS.

Reactions: m20b_pilot
If you use it for a commercial job why don't you have a spare drone how stuppid is that. Everything can happen with a drone and having a spare one is very immportant. When i go out for a fotoshoot i take also 2 or 3 camera's with me. I think this is your fault and not from yuneec.

Last edited:
Also remember too that different Countries have different laws. Here in Australia, it is the retailers who would be responsible if you bought a dud. What that means is here in the land down under we can take the seller to court with either the help of the government deparment called "fair trading" OR just do it yourself if you have the money. I know because I had a P2 that fell from the sky while hovering and smashed into bits. DJI said it was pilot error and washed their hands of it. What they didn't know was I had the gopro video proof which I didn't show them. So i sent a letter of demand to the seller with the video evidence and 24 hours later I got a full refund.;

Man, this is a rough bunch. I expected a little more sympathy from my fellow pilots.

But that's not what happened. Everyone you initially spoke to all told you the same thing. They couldn't do what you were asking of them. They only agreed to give you priority after you called a half dozen times complaining, demanding and expecting them to put your needs ahead of everyone else.

Yeah, because Yuneec is going to verify every person who claims they are a "333 blah blah blah operator" just so they can prioritize you people who think they're more important? Not going to happen.

The reason I called back multiple times is because I was being told that they couldn't cross ship when I knew that is is possible to get something cross shipped. I spoke with a couple of different low level CS people who didn't even know what cross ship was.

I guess I'm just a haughty 333 operator who thinks I'm more important than everybody else. :rolleyes:

What about 2 different supervisors who said they would call me back with updates and neither have called? One even said she would call me daily and hasn't called me back even once.

If you use it for a commercial job why don't you have a spare drone how stuppid is that. Everything can happen with a drone and having a spare one is very immportant. When i go out for a fotoshoot i take also 2 or 3 camera's with me. I think this is your fault and not from yuneec.

Yeah, it's my fault that my brand new H started swirling and crashed and my fault I kept getting the run around. Right...

Did you not read my posts? I do have a spare. I have 2 in fact and I used my Q500 4K to finish the project.

Gotta have a spare drone if your in business. My H flew up 170' and powered off destroying the unit. I know your pain. I sent mine in 10 days ago. It was received last week and still nothing. I use it for business and have other drones to fly. At this point I wish i would have avoided the H because of the customer service as you mention. Good luck my flying friend.

Reactions: M Keys
Gotta have a spare drone if your in business. My H flew up 170' and powered off destroying the unit. I know your pain. I sent mine in 10 days ago. It was received last week and still nothing. I use it for business and have other drones to fly. At this point I wish i would have avoided the H because of the customer service as you mention. Good luck my flying friend.

Yes, I have 2 Q500s that I use. Thought the H would be a perfect step up and addition to my business.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems as well. Crashes are bad enough, but when one crashes for something you have no control over is just sickening!

Good luck to you as well and hopefully we can both be flying an H again soon.

Did you book a job contingent on a new product you didn't have yet? While you have found CS to be an issue, discerning that after you have placed your rep on the line is not a good course of action, what with Murphy and all.

The possibility of hardware issues, replacements/repair issues, shipping issues, those were all possibilities, and you encountered all at once without enough background on this particular combination of product and producer to hope to forecast or mitigate it.

Reactions: luna
Yes, I have 2 Q500s that I use. Thought the H would be a perfect step up and addition to my business.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems as well. Crashes are bad enough, but when one crashes for something you have no control over is just sickening!

Good luck to you as well and hopefully we can both be flying an H again soon.

I want to believe that Yuneec is working on beefing up their support given the apparent high demand for the H. Maybe they didn't anticipate the kind of demand for the H they've received and like someone mentioned earlier, they are in over their heads. I really hate that you had this kind of experience. 1 bad experience travels 100 times further than 1 good experience. It's understandable to have a certain degree of brand loyalty if you're flying as a hobby, but If you're flying for profit you have to cut your losses with a company if they aren't contributing to the bottom line and move to something that works. If DJI gets the job done then you should consider them. At the end of the day it's about the results, not the brand of machine that gets the results. Best of luck and hopefully Yuneec will step up and do something to smooth things over.

Man, this is a rough bunch. I expected a little more sympathy from my fellow pilots.

The reason I called back multiple times is because I was being told that they couldn't cross ship when I knew that is is possible to get something cross shipped. I spoke with a couple of different low level CS people who didn't even know what cross ship was.

I guess I'm just a haughty 333 operator who thinks I'm more important than everybody else. :rolleyes:

What about 2 different supervisors who said they would call me back with updates and neither have called? One even said she would call me daily and hasn't called me back even once.
You are just finding out who the shiils are.

I was told a different story each time I called, and still haven't heard back after sending logs two different times.

Apparently nobody has noticed Yuneec reps have mysteriously vanished from forums and YT videos assuring customers all will be well.

Reactions: DerStig

All I know is I purchased my H at the beginning of June and had only flown it once before having to send it back in due to the unstableness and "toilet bowling". So, Yes. I don't believe someone should be able to call in and get prioritized repairs just because he thinks his time or his finances are more important than mine. I'm sorry you are having this problem. We're all being lied to and yanked around by Yuneec, but we should still wait our turn. I'm sure they're repairing them as they come in.

Reactions: m0j0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval