Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Contact Polar Pro

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots,
I would like to talk about ND filters for the CGO3+
I've contacted polar pro through email about possibly making more than just one set for the CGO3+ and they were quick and kind enough to respond the very next day. They told me that there is no plans to make any filters for the CGO3+ at the moment but if the demand is put forth they will gladly make up some batches similar to the phantom series filters. Please take a moment and email them about making more so we can capture those beautiful stills and footages with proper filters. Polar Pro has some of the best filters in my opinion and the ones that are available now for the CGO3+ like the freewells are not as good. I bought them so I know and I have the polar pro ND 4 8 16. I have a video posted of my CCC flight where I use an ND 16 filter by polar pro. Please help in getting more than just one set for the CGO3+ The phantoms have a bunch of a variety to pick from and the typhoon has 1 we need more. Please call or email them to make more. They will listen, I hope.

I am not sure I would want ND filters, I really cannot see the point for stills which I mainly do, why degrade the image further with another piece of glass. If the dynamic range is high then I will usually shoot multiple exposures and blend in post. When it comes to video, whilst i understand the concept of ND's to help with getting the settings correct, how can you know what ND you will want until you are in the air and then turn the camera and the requirements change too?

Reactions: Mickeyboo
I am not sure I would want ND filters, I really cannot see the point for stills which I mainly do, why degrade the image further with another piece of glass. If the dynamic range is high then I will usually shoot multiple exposures and blend in post. When it comes to video, whilst i understand the concept of ND's to help with getting the settings correct, how can you know what ND you will want until you are in the air and then turn the camera and the requirements change too?
Polarized filters are great for stills when there is snow or when flying above water.
You look at the auto settings and whatever the SS is set at in auto you go by that to determine what filter to use. A perfect way to know how many stops you need to lower the SS. You can do all that before take off. The nice thing about the CGO3+ is that it is very simple to switch lenses.
If you are ok with the AWB from the CGO3+ then you're all set. I can't stand the annoying changes it makes with a simple pan movement. Locking the WB does not work well either and the prop shadow is just horrible. All fixable with ND filters

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Hello fellow pilots,
I've contacted polar pro through email about possibly making more than just one set for the CGO3+ and they were quick and kind enough to respond the very next day. They told me that there is no plans to make any filters for the CGO3+ at the moment but if the demand is put forth they will gladly make up some batches similar to the phantom series filters. Please take a moment and email them about making more so we can capture those beautiful stills and footages with proper filters. Polar Pro has some of the best filters in my opinion and the ones that are available now for the CGO3+ like the freewells are not as good. I bought them so I know and I have the polar pro ND 4 8 16. I have a video posted of my CCC flight where I use an ND 16 filter by polar pro. Please help in getting more than just one set for the CGO3+ The phantoms have a bunch of a variety to pick from and the typhoon has 1 we need more. Please call or email them to make more. They will listen, I hope.
I will help out and email them, sounds like a good deal.

Reactions: A.I. Thinker
Hello fellow pilots,

Please tell me what's wrong with the Freewell's ? Was planning on buying them and never heard any complaints about them.

Hello fellow pilots,
Hi tanks A.I can you tell us more about the filter when to use ND 4,8,16

Please tell me what's wrong with the Freewell's ? Was planning on buying them and never heard any complaints about them.
There is nothing wrong with them, but I feel the polar pro lens capture more contrast and enhance the image better.
I have the graduated ones and the variable, but to me the lenses still have to much glare compared to the polar pro.

Hi tanks A.I can you tell us more about the filter when to use ND 4,8,16

The ND 4 is used on not so sunny days and the the ND 16 is used on very bright days.
A good way to know how to use the proper kens is to look at what the shutter speed is at auto settings. If it is high then you will need more stops in the lens to bring it down. Polar pro has a useful chart you can see on there website, check it out and while you're there why don't you email them. Thank you.

Reactions: Goh
There is nothing wrong with them, but I feel the polar pro lens capture more contrast and enhance the image better.
I have the graduated ones and the variable, but to me the lenses still have to much glare compared to the polar pro.
The other thing about the freewells are that they are huge compared to the polar pro. I haven't had any problems with them, but I'd prefer using the polar pro cuz they are almost half the size. All that extra weight worries me a bit in the long run.

I don't like that the dji phantom series has dozens to pick from and the typhoon series only has one.
The more variety we have the better the decisions we can make on purchasing the right ones for the job. Polar pro is really good at making stackable filters as well. The best I've seen so far.

I don't like that the dji phantom series has dozens to pick from and the typhoon series only has one.
The more variety we have the better the decisions we can make on purchasing the right ones for the job. Polar pro is really good at making stackable filters as well. The best I've seen so far.
Ok thanks for explaining and informing ;). I'm still a little confused...just watched a video shot with Typhoon H with Polar ND filter. So the set fit's the Typhoon H. Thus; I don't understand what you're asking of Polar Pro now???

Ok thanks for explaining and informing ;). I'm still a little confused...just watched a video shot with Typhoon H with Polar ND filter. So the set fit's the Typhoon H. Thus; I don't understand what you're asking of Polar Pro now???
For more than one set.
The ones available now are just standard filters. I would to see polarized lenses more stoppage on the filters circular polarized ones as well. Graduated ones would be nice to. Stackable filters would be great

The ND 4 is used on not so sunny days and the the ND 16 is used on very bright days.
A good way to know how to use the proper kens is to look at what the shutter speed is at auto settings. If it is high then you will need more stops in the lens to bring it down. Polar pro has a useful chart you can see on there website, check it out and while you're there why don't you email them. Thank you.
Thanks A.I

Reactions: A.I. Thinker
Polarized filters are great for stills when there is snow or when flying above water.
You look at the auto settings and whatever the SS is set at in auto you go by that to determine what filter to use. A perfect way to know how many stops you need to lower the SS. You can do all that before take off. The nice thing about the CGO3+ is that it is very simple to switch lenses.
If you are ok with the AWB from the CGO3+ then you're all set. I can't stand the annoying changes it makes with a simple pan movement. Locking the WB does not work well either and the prop shadow is just horrible. All fixable with ND filters
Yes a CP filter would be great, I was talking about ND's though which I still think are mainly a waste of space. I used to use Graduated ND's for landscape photography, but no longer use them preferring blending multiple exposures. ND's, yes great for slowing down water or blurring clouds off a tripod, but why on a drone?
ND's for slowing SS on video yes, but not usually required for stills

Last edited:

Can you post the link to their chart, wasn't able to find it on their website. Currently own their ND filters and will be glad to email as well.

Yes a CP filter would be great, I was talking about ND's though which I still think are mainly a waste of space. I used to use Graduated ND's for landscape photography, but no longer use them preferring blending multiple exposures. ND's, yes great for slowing down water or blurring clouds off a tripod, but why on a drone?
ND's for slowing SS on video yes, but not usually required for stills
so your good then? ok thank you anyway. polar pro has great CPND filters which are great stack. thats the only reason i mentioned CP's

Can you post the link to their chart, wasn't able to find it on their website. Currently own their ND filters and will be glad to email as well.

thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Filter_Chart_326dpi.jpg
    Filter_Chart_326dpi.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 26

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval