Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller battery ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I bought a controller off of ebay , turned it on, okay turned it off ? 2 days later was going to charge the battery, plugged it in blue flashing light, so I unplugged it, and turned it on and nothing wouldn't turn on, attached it to the charger and nothing ? Is it the battery, if so are they cheap or should I send it back as defective ?

I deleted my prior response as I didn’t see this was for a Breeze Controller. Saw tour username and assumed you were referring to the controller for your TH.

OK the Breeze Controller takes a long time to fully charge. I use a charging block for tablet PC. It can supply 5 V USB power at 2A so it charges the controller faster than using a USB port on the computer.

See this post Controller battery

Last edited:
I deleted my prior response as I didn’t see this was for a Breeze Controller. Saw tour username and assumed you were referring to the controller for your TH.

OK the Breeze Controller takes a long time to fully charge. I use a charging block for tablet PC. It can supply 5 V USB power at 2A so it charges the controller faster than using a USB port on the computer.

See this post Controller battery
Thanx, sorry for the confusion, I plug it into the plug that goes to an outlet, I'm not getting any lights on the controller while plugged in ? I thought I'd see something lit up ? I know when some batteries are discharged to low there no longer any good ?

Try using a different micro USB charging cable. The power button and ABXY buttons should flash when first plugged in. Then later it will just be the power button flashing until full charge is reached. The power button will then glow solid blue.

If you cannot get it to start charging and can return for an exchange or refund do it. If you can’t, you can try fixing it yourself.

The battery is a Li-ion battery and in most cases can be brought back by forced charging. Open the back by removing the screws that hold the controller together (note the one under the quality label below the reset hole).
F1E637F1-53ED-4C4C-A0B1-5168BD11E4D6.jpeg
Remove the cover and unplug the battery.
11241F1D-7C87-481C-B624-54E97BD1BF8C.jpeg
Measure with a voltmeter. If it is below 3.2V the charging circuitry in the controller may not allow the battery to charge. I used a cheap USB cable and modified it so I could apply the 5V USB power via soldering needle probes to the positive and negative wires. The data wires were cut short and taped to prevent shorting. You can use something like that to charge the battery directly. Once it is above 3.2 V, you should be able to charge it normally.

Try using a different micro USB charging cable. The power button and ABXY buttons should flash when first plugged in. Then later it will just be the power button flashing until full charge is reached. The power button will then glow solid blue.

If you cannot get it to start charging and can return for an exchange or refund do it. If you can’t, you can try fixing it yourself.

The battery is a Li-ion battery and in most cases can be brought back by forced charging. Open the back by removing the screws that hold the controller together (note the one under the quality label below the reset hole).
View attachment 20908
Remove the cover and unplug the battery.
View attachment 20909
Measure with a voltmeter. If it is below 3.2V the charging circuitry in the controller may not allow the battery to charge. I used a cheap USB cable and modified it so I could apply the 5V USB power via soldering needle probes to the positive and negative wires. The data wires were cut short and taped to prevent shorting. You can use something like that to charge the battery directly. Once it is above 3.2 V, you should be able to charge it normally.
I already tried a different cable, and will check the volts, and go from there where does one buy this battery ?

It has been attempted to source this battery about a year and a half ago. Nobody could find a Li-ion to match. There were some LiPo batteries to match the mah specs, but the problem there is no way to put them in storage mode. When this battery is fully charged it will last for about 18 hours of use. I’m sure a smaller capacity battery could easily be used.

Another thing to check is that the charging port on the controller isn’t damaged. All it takes is one time of forcing the connector in upside down. That may be why it was being sold.

It has been attempted to source this battery about a year and a half ago. Nobody could find a Li-ion to match. There were some LiPo batteries to match the mah specs, but the problem there is no way to put them in storage mode. When this battery is fully charged it will last for about 18 hours of use. I’m sure a smaller capacity battery could easily be used.

Another thing to check is that the charging port on the controller isn’t damaged. All it takes is one time of forcing the connector in upside down. That may be why it was being sold.
Thanx, so in keeping things simple I'll just send it back, as its not needed, and get another one ?

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval