Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

convince me.....

Yea I own a P3 and now a Typhoon H. I can say with a doubt the Typhoon h handles the wind better. alot of that has to do with the weight. The H heavier then the P3. So heavier things are more stable. Only thing is the H dont have the fancy google map flying guide. I love using that map when flying long range. They may get, just dont know when.
That sux...... I LOVE the Google map....... they gotta fix that...... that may be a deal breaker for me

i disagree, flying the route first rather than just points on a map is a good thing really, POI works substantially better than my Wookong M machine ever did, dont get me wrong there, it worked ok, but the H`s is far better imho, also it does not suffer the dreaded dodgy vertical descent problems the Q500`s suffer from, with the H, you can come down quite fast vertically and its spot on, manual landings are also smooth as silk, one thing i will say after owning a few DJI equipped Multis, and still do fly them, the Yuneec GPS position hold is a lot better, on the H even more so imho, its literally glued in one place, allowing no issue at all with sorting the camera out.

End of the day though, you said it yourself, they all have their possible problems, so in effect your answering your own question really, they either go belly up or they dont..

have flown Quads for so many years now,,i needed a change, but with never having any major issues with my Q500+ , rather than build a Hex, i decided to wait for the H release, and very happy i did.

as for the realsense...granted "some" will use it, most will only "play" with it and a few will never ever use it...and like the advertising videos..many of us will never be able to do that due to rules, guidelines etc..if you take any notice of them anyway.
you can buy the IPS unit separately, which allows flying indoors ( when released ) , so i may plump for that, over the front facing realsense, as i can never see myself requiring that avoidance at all.

The ST16 is great, feels well built, does not feel cheap, and everything works nicely on there, at first after being used to a normal sized TX for lots of years, i had my doubts about the sticks being so far apart...unwarranted though, it actually feels more comfortable.

The ST16 is great, if I have to hold a controller I like the screen built in. The iPad with my P3 and Solo is clumsy.

Be prepared for a steep learning curve. The H is only as good as the operator is educated. The H has additional gimbal functions that we are not use too. The Smart mode and safe circle is a PITA IMO. Educate yourself before you fly and you won't complain after a crash you didn't know it would do that.

The Wizard Wand alone makes the H worth it for me. It has a barometer built in and can control the H flight, camera, flight modes, retracts and more. There are many special button presses that needs to be learned to get the most out of it. I carry the button menu with me when I fly.

So unlike the Phantom the H is more complex and not as well documented. So if you want the most out of the H do your diligence or you would be better off with the plain brand. In return you will have additional functionality if you put in the effort.

Buy it just like me and then come to the conclussion that is t misses some things in the software. But it fly's really nice. Cable cam is really a great future.

Last edited:
I've been reading a lot about the typhoon H and it sounds like it has the same problems as all the others in it's price range. So convince me that this is the one ...... PLEASE......

I have never had so much fun with any other RC 'Big Boys Toy'. I fly 3 or 4 times a day with my H and Love it. Take the plunge and get one, you will love it too......

Bought one Friday. Lots to learn.

One word of warning. . If you fly at head to waist level, Pay attention to the DRONE. I got busy playing with the ST16 and it started getting louder because it was DRIFTING TOWARD MY HEAD. I

Or put it into Smart mode. Hehe.

i disagree, flying the route first rather than just points on a map is a good thing really, POI works substantially better than my Wookong M machine ever did, dont get me wrong there, it worked ok, but the H`s is far better imho, also it does not suffer the dreaded dodgy vertical descent problems the Q500`s suffer from, with the H, you can come down quite fast vertically and its spot on, manual landings are also smooth as silk, one thing i will say after owning a few DJI equipped Multis, and still do fly them, the Yuneec GPS position hold is a lot better, on the H even more so imho, its literally glued in one place, allowing no issue at all with sorting the camera out.

End of the day though, you said it yourself, they all have their possible problems, so in effect your answering your own question really, they either go belly up or they dont..

have flown Quads for so many years now,,i needed a change, but with never having any major issues with my Q500+ , rather than build a Hex, i decided to wait for the H release, and very happy i did.

as for the realsense...granted "some" will use it, most will only "play" with it and a few will never ever use it...and like the advertising videos..many of us will never be able to do that due to rules, guidelines etc..if you take any notice of them anyway.
you can buy the IPS unit separately, which allows flying indoors ( when released ) , so i may plump for that, over the front facing realsense, as i can never see myself requiring that avoidance at all.

The ST16 is great, feels well built, does not feel cheap, and everything works nicely on there, at first after being used to a normal sized TX for lots of years, i had my doubts about the sticks being so far apart...unwarranted though, it actually feels more comfortable.
Thanks for all the info brother...... I think I'm sold....

Or put it into Smart mode. Hehe.
Smart Mode OMG. DId the same waist high flying this morning and unknowingly had smart mode when I took off. Checklist Checklist Checklist. Almost flew it into my gas grill sideways. Arrrrrgh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy