Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cost of the Q500 4k vs Typhoon G with a gopro

Reaction score
I looked on Yuneecs site but I couldn't find a price. Would it be more expensive to buy a Typhoon G and a gopro or the Q500 4k?

The Q500 4K is between $1200 & $1300 depending on options. http://store.yuneec.com/typhoon-q500-4k.html
The Q500 G pricing not yet on their site but as I recall it was $1000. There is an info link on the Yuneec site for information when it comes out.

I was disappointed to see that you cannot control the Go Pro from the remote. So it is basically the same as my P2 Zenmuse.

What would be ideal is a GoPro gimbal that interchanges with the Q500+ & Q500 4K.

Reactions: dirkclod
The Q500 4K is between $1200 & $1300 depending on options. http://store.yuneec.com/typhoon-q500-4k.html
The Q500 G pricing not yet on their site but as I recall it was $1000. There is an info link on the Yuneec site for information when it comes out.

I was disappointed to see that you cannot control the Go Pro from the remote. So it is basically the same as my P2 Zenmuse.

What would be ideal is a GoPro gimbal that interchanges with the Q500+ & Q500 4K.
Ok thanks, so It would be slightly more expensive. Thanks

Controlling the camera is the reason I chose the 4k over the GoPro version. Literally JUST ordered it! Come on Thursday delivery! I was about to get a DJI Pro and between features and, the biggie, good customer service, I chose Yuneec. I CAN'T wait!

Controlling the camera is the reason I chose the 4k over the GoPro version. Literally JUST ordered it! Come on Thursday delivery! I was about to get a DJI Pro and between features and, the biggie, good customer service, I chose Yuneec. I CAN'T wait!
For anybody still debating whether to get the go pro version or the to q500 4k version I would definitely go with the Q 500 4k version. The Q 500 4k camera is so much more advanced and better quality than the GoPro I'm sorry that I bought the GoPro version of this quadcopter. The new q500's 4K cameras do not have the soft edge effect that the original q500 4k cameras had. The 1.7 update seemed to almost completely solve the problem on my older q500 4K camera ...although if you study the footage very closely, the left edge seems a tiny bit soft. Its not a big issue to me because its like a tilt shift image effect for free! And i am a big fan of in camera image effects...the Panasonic fz1000 has this effect and i find it very effective without having to pay for the actual tilt shift lens accessories.
The only drawback to the q500 4K is the fan noise in the audio when shooting on the steadygrip. ...but the good part is that the q500 4K camera never overheats like the go broke 4 black camera does and causes severe images artifacts when using it in warm weather for long shots....as you may deduce, I am not a go broke fanboy...and I also have sony 4K action cams and although they also get very hot in 4K mode....at least they don't make the image unusable in hot weather.
Once again imho I like the q500 4K cameras advanced capabilities like near RECTILINEAR 115 degree camera angle....no overheating problem. ...in camera majestic mode...night mode....removable nd filter....white balance, exposure, compensation, iso, shutter speed, mic on or off, resolution, frame rates and much more .....all remotely changeable from the st10 (oh yeah, this is THE MOST IMPORTANT you can start and stop recordings and take pictures while it is 1200 feet away from you....) and no flyaway issues like GoBroke copters have. (disclaimer...i am Not a paid anti fan boy of GoBroke and I am not an employee of Yuneec, Sony, or panasonic although I must admit Yuneec does have exceptional customer service. )
Sony fx1000 (2)
Gh1 (3)
Gh2 (1)
Fz1000 (1)
Sony x1000v (2)
Cam one infinity (4)
Sony touch (4)
Sony hx9v (3)
Chinese 1080p wifi action cams (4)
Kodak z one 8 (2)
Sony cx 560v (2)
Sony c.f. 350v (2)