Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Counter punch??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever searched the phantompilots or inspirepilots forums for posts by derstig. I searched both and found none. This means he either posts on DJI forums under a different name or he really is the loser we all believe him to be and only posts positive DJI BS to Yuneec forums while bashing everything Yuneec. I guessing it's the latter.

Reactions: Ergon
Has anyone ever searched the phantompilots or inspirepilots forums for posts by derstig. I searched both and found none. This means he either posts on DJI forums under a different name or he really is the loser we all believe him to be and only posts positive DJI BS to Yuneec forums while bashing everything Yuneec. I guessing it's the latter.
Self proclaimed expert. Have you seen his nonsense posts about hyperfocal calculations?

Reactions: Ergon

This guy and others like him are, I suspect, part of DJI's strategic marketing scheme. He might be paid, he might not be. He might be just what you said, Brian, a loser DJI fanboy who simply likes to troll the Yuneec forums and stir the pot. Either way, it plays neatly into DJI's overall marketing plan to create an aura of supremacy over the competition. It is classic big gorilla marketing tactics to use your superior resources to whip up an army of disciples and have them decimate your main competition with a constant stream of negative propaganda, misinformation and innuendo. Get some "journalists" on YouTube in your pocket and have them post what appear to be unbiased reviews and comparisons that somehow end up as negative commentaries about the competition. It's so easy today to engineer a negative campaign.

Yuneec doesn't have to sink to that level to survive and prosper, and they'd lose if they tried. One reason to stay with Yuneec is that they aren't doing that. But in my opinion they need a marketing plan designed to produce a stream of positive news based on visible progress. Highlight the strengths of the H, particularly the ability to add features, new cameras and accessories down the road. Release some hints about what's coming and what's being developed. Produce a lot of small wins that create a sense of progress and purpose. A good counter punch would be to develop more than one strategic partner (aside from Intel) on a significant cutting edge tech/app such as an Augmented Reality partnership with Microsoft or Meta or Google or ODG. Right now, we're guessing about what they might or might not do next week or next year, while the sound of crickets chirping coming from Yuneec HQ is deafening and the negative propaganda generated by DJI is rampant. The goal is not to defeat DJI but simply to build market share with a solid suite of products and a solid stream of positive marketing so we can all continue to enjoy flying a great UAS.

This is all just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong. :)

Last edited:
DJI shills still trolling here show they are afraid of competition. I call it rotor envy. You have 4 and wish you had 6.

LOL no not a DJI "Schill" and I don't have rotor envy. Just calling it as it is

Self proclaimed expert. Have you seen his nonsense posts about hyperfocal calculations?

LOL, no not self proclaimed, I am and expert. I've been shooting films and tv for 33+ years. You don't like what I have That's fine and really its not like you know what you are talking about

LOL, no not self proclaimed, I am and expert. I've been shooting films and tv for 33+ years. You don't like what I have That's fine and really its not like you know what you are talking about
Yeah right. When are you going to show us your magic camera? 9" to infinity, we're waiting....

GoPro's do it all day long. How about you tell us YOUR experience
That's just you talking again. I showed it was not possible. You posted fake calculations to try and bolster your mistaken claims. How about that CoC you claimed?

That's just you talking again. I showed it was not possible. You posted fake calculations to try and bolster your mistaken claims. How about that CoC you claimed?

LOL that's actual math talking and actual video being shot. show us what you have done.

LOL that's actual math talking and actual video being shot. show us what you have done.
This is your math:

"Hyper Focal distance = (The focal length of your lens in millimeters x The focal length of your lens in millimeters) / (Aperture x Circle of Confusion in millimeters) The lens focal length is 3.7mm the aperture is f/2.8 and The CoC is .0216mm or the size of one pixel so it's (3.7 x 3.7) / (2.8 x .216) 226.28mm or 9"

.0216 would be more than 13 pixels. What a genius!

Do you really think an "expert" with 33 yrs of professional experience spends his valuable time on a prosumer hexacopter forum? Methinks that is highly unlikely.

Don't waste your breath on this dbag riverrunner. I think he has some sort of Hitler complex and feels the need to tell everyone how superior he thinks he is. Not worth the time it takes to type the reply. Just my .02

Don't waste your breath on this dbag riverrunner. I think he has some sort of Hitler complex and feels the need to tell everyone how superior he thinks he is. Not worth the time it takes to type the reply. Just my .02
Needs professional help, and not just for photography.

Oh my...it's deja vu all over again. It was entertaining at one time...months ago.
Maybe, maybe...How the Typhoon H got mixed into feature films is quite a leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval