Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crack on my Yuneec H520 (A) Motor Casing

Reaction score
Good evening. Last week I was flying my H520 between trees to get some shots for a roofing project. Anyhow as it was coming down to land I clipped a branch right before it landed about 7 or 8 ft from the ground and it hit the driveway popping out 3 arm clips and cracking the (A) motor case. I replaced the 3 arm clips and my question to all a you is, would it be OK to use some type of super glue to bind the crack that you see in the picture?

Attachments

• 20200713_202947.jpg
    20200713_202947.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200713_202925.jpg
    20200713_202925.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 39
Good evening. Last week I was flying my H520 between trees to get some shots for a roofing project. Anyhow as it was coming down to land I clipped a branch right before it landed about 7 or 8 ft from the ground and it hit the driveway popping out 3 arm clips and cracking the (A) motor case. I replaced the 3 arm clips and my question to all a you is, would it be OK to use some type of super glue to bind the crack that you see in the picture?
Personally I would not fly it or try to repair it. There may also be a crack to the tube underneath it.

the arm must be replaced. further use will increase the damage to the absolute point of failure that can cause a major crash. I would inspect the other two arms were clips broke for any arm fractures same with the frame.

Hi, of course a change is the safest option. Super glues (Cyanoacrylat based) have one disadvatage that dedicated materials becomes brittle, so I would take a differnent one. Ring of a good tape will help against a widening of the crack.

Reactions: Joe3223
That is a stress fracture and glue or tape is not a proper repair. The arm needs to be replaced at a minimum. The motor itself may also be suspect as the crack appears to be from twisting during impact.

I simply cant get my head around the reasoning behind this question ? I mean its like owning a rolls royce, and asking if duct tape can be used to hold the bumper on, might work. or it might not ?

Thanks for your input.
Hi Joe. I can see where Johnny is coming from as he really doesn't want you to cause an accident, maybe hurt yourself of others. It's always best to replace a part rather that try to make a temporary fix Especially on such an important part like a motor fixing.I am sure that you could find one and have your H back up and running safely in less that a week.
Regards.
Mike.

Hi Joe. I can see where Johnny is coming from as he really doesn't want you to cause an accident, maybe hurt yourself of others. It's always best to replace a part rather that try to make a temporary fix Especially on such an important part like a motor fixing.I am sure that you could find one and have your H back up and running safely in less that a week.
Regards.
Mike.
Thanx mike that was my point, I wasnt tryin to upset him in any way at all ? I might have used poor wording ? I understand parts might be hard to come by, but I hate to see someone set themselves up for disaster.

Thanx mike that was my point, I wasnt tryin to upset him in any way at all ? I might have used poor wording ? I understand parts might be hard to come by, but I hate to see someone set themselves up for disaster.

I am in total agreement with you. You gave good advice without Bullshine. When people ask for advice and receive sound advice from those with experience willing to help they should reply with gratitude and not sarcasm.
This is a wonderful forum. Anytime time I have asked for help or advice I got lots of helpful folk willing to help my out.
To those new and old here please remember the any advice given here is for to help you and not put others in danger or jeopardize the hobby for the sake of shoddy repairs.
With Kindest regards as always.
Mike

Reactions: Joe3223
I am in total agreement with you. You gave good advice without Bullshine. When people ask for advice and receive sound advice from those with experience willing to help they should reply with gratitude and not sarcasm.
This is a wonderful forum. Anytime time I have asked for help or advice I got lots of helpful folk willing to help my out.
To those new and old here please remember the any advice given here is for to help you and not put others in danger or jeopardize the hobby for the sake of shoddy repairs.
With Kindest regards as always.
Mike
Good evening gentlemen, I dont see how saying thank you for one's input is not showing gratitude ??‍♂️ I'm not offended if it came off that way my apologies. I appreciate the realism and will follow your advice. ??

Reactions: Steve Carr
Good evening gentlemen, I dont see how saying thank you for one's input is not showing gratitude ??‍♂️ I'm not offended if it came off that way my apologies. I appreciate the realism and will follow your advice. ??

I thank you for your reply and am truly sorry if you had not intended to come across as being sarcastic ?. To me it seemed that way so I do apologise as you said it wasn't your intent. I hope you can see it from my/our perspective. I for one will give only my best advice to help others and make this hobby a safe and pleasant experience for all ?

PS.
Now we should start afresh.
Cheers.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval