Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash damage ???

Reaction score
Just repairing my H after first crash in 18 months flying not sure if its my fault or not just dropped out of the sky , camera a total loss legs easily repaired one motor arm latch broken on order easy to replace, full set of props on order .
After close visual inspection no further damage is apparent except one motor ( not the one with the broken latch) appears to be slightly out of alignment with the rest they all are vertical when on a level base this one points slightly to one side, all fixings and arm are undamaged and tight I can only assume it has been like this from new .
My plan is to test fly before investing in a new CG03 camera thy are not cheap, I will build up a comprehensive test program until confidant there are no faults .
Any comments and advice will be most welcome.

If the motor is slightly tilted, surely that will cause instability? Because the prop will angled too.

My problem with the tilted motor is it looks to have been like that from new , no damage whatsoever plus it cannot move without breaking or bending something, also I would think flight control computer will be constantly correcting stability anyway. Flight telemetry data will only confirm what I already know (total loss of power) ie fell out of the sky from about 300ft , only 2 causes for this 1 battery not latched correctly or 2 the dreaded solder melting on a overheated battery connection.

Reactions: AH-1G
I agree with Mrgs 1. Instability would certainly occur. I would suggest that you spool it up and look for instability on the ground and if it isn’t conclusive take it up just a few feet and observe it. Having said that even if it seems ok it may be a different story when it’s moving horizontally. Another concern would be extreme vibration. Good luck. I hope I don’t sound like Mr. Knowitall. Just my thoughts.

Totally agree Tiffin I will go through a thorough test, check for stability and vibration before trusting it. Have you or anyone else any thoughts on battery power loss , I checked after crash and there was still 15.5 volts showing on ST 16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netnetweb