Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash on landing while recording--corrupted files

Reaction score
So I was still recording video when I went to set the H down on the ground. I usually hand catch it, but for some reason I didn't this one time...it freaked out as soon as I touched down and did the dreaded sideways/lopsided takeoff. 3 propellers broke and the CGO-3 fell to the ground (the plastic mount broke). There are files on the card that read as normal sized video files, 1.2-2.4 gb but upon import to FCPX or Quicktime they are only translating into a still image. I placed card back into the CGO-3 to start and stop a new recording as @Typhoon Charlie suggested in @paulkowal's recent post. This did not work in my situation. Is there anything else I can do to recover these files as video?

You can try this software. I have not tried on the H but it was able to recover a file from my phantom 2.

Digital Video Repair 3.4.0.0 (Free) for Windows

P.S. check all your selections when installing I think there is a bloatware option to uncheck.

One other purchase option is this. It will convert 50% for free. The cool thing is that it used encoding from a known working video file from the same camera to repair the corrupt file so it has very good success.

Video Repair Software | Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions

Last edited:
Reactions: Spessyquist
The same happened to me but then it worked by making a short new clip. The new video you recorded, can that be viewed?

So I was still recording video when I went to set the H down on the ground. I usually hand catch it, but for some reason I didn't this one time...it freaked out as soon as I touched down and did the dreaded sideways/lopsided takeoff. 3 propellers broke and the CGO-3 fell to the ground (the plastic mount broke). There are files on the card that read as normal sized video files, 1.2-2.4 gb but upon import to FCPX or Quicktime they are only translating into a still image. I placed card back into the CGO-3 to start and stop a new recording as @Typhoon Charlie suggested in @paulkowal's recent post. This did not work in my situation. Is there anything else I can do to recover these files as video?
If you find it difficult to land use this method once you get down to around 3' above the ground. Works great. Another Use for the Start/Stop button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx