Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash!

The trouble with that is that you are only looking at one pattern. I suspect we also need to take into account the vast numbers of people who fly multiple battery packs in a session without recalibrating GPS, and don't crash, which is nearly all of them ! If a recalibration was necessary before each flight, Yuneec would mention it in the manual and in their setup videos, and all the long-time experts here would concur. Yet ALL the advice is to only recalibrate when:

1. New firmware has been applied
2. You are in a new location, hundreds of miles from the last take-off point
3. The ST-16 and the intermittent yellow light on the craft ask for it (and that is not the result of powering up the 2 units right next to each other).

The problem might indeed be linked to a second flight, but it could be for other reasons that some go wrong. We should ask how much time passed between first and second power-ups - there certainly have been some reports of problems on the second battery if the flights are concurrent, with little cool-down time for the H in between, for example... on windy days especially I know my H can come back quite hot on both the top cover and the motors, and when that is the case, I make myself wait at least 5-10 minutes before I power up with a new pack and fly again, and have avoided problems so far...

Last edited:
Had 13 satellites flown loads before it’s my house like so
Did you wait untill you got a GPS lock. It could be, if not, the H flies to the latest Homepoint with a GPS lock and NOT back to you.
GPS lock means in Smart Mode: solid green and white (blinking), in Angle Mode: solid purple and white (blinking).
Further, what about the conditions to fly (UAV Forecast)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1